Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traditional training methods

Traditional training methods

What do you guy do at your school? No, not red sand palm, jade tree, gecko crawling or any of the other things shown in the Kung Fu History, Philosohy and technique book, (someone had a post asking about those) but things like kung lek demonstrated in his article, arm boxing, stance training, etc...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

We do pole training, ring training, iron palm, sand conditioning. And 10 min under water hold form.

10 min under water? can you go into detail on that one?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Well There is a large pool/ tank of water. there are two little latch things in the bottom. The process is you swim to the bottom and insert your feet in to the latches so you dont float to the top. Then you practice forms and punches. This helps with breathing, strength, and endurance.

Usually i just jog the freeway, with Mac's and 18Wheelers Strapped to my scrot's.
    Depends how my stomach feels when I get up Though!.
    Peace

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    we do alot of stance training, with a pole across the legs, lion dance footwork first, with deep stances, then lion dance-amazing for stamina, waist, hips, shoulders, power generation. sam-sing dar-arm conditioning, all reaction drills are extracted from the forms, as well as fighting applications-extracted totally from the sets.(we actually USE our gung-fu when we fight, not kickboxing) Eight pieces of Brocade in the warm-ups, chi-gung, meditation.

My traditional training methods are so secret and traditional that I can't tell you about them.

Sorry

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Rock on TenTigers! What Chinese discipline are you associated with? I relate with the lion dance leg work, and totally agree with your fighting approach. It`s nice to here tradition in CMA.

cool. Keep em coming

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

For Strength training.

I strap either weights on and work my Forms, you want them to move a bit(similar to using rings, etc).
    Or hold weights while doing the Form.

Lots of standing, single movement drills, and Qi-Gong exercises.

For weapon training I user Weapons that are about twice the weight of the actual weapon

And most important of al:

Practice all forms at half the normal speed, with and without additional weights.

Peace.

When we train in class, generally we just do a lot of chi sau, theoretical and practical work... but the training we do in our own time tends to be a LOT of Siu Lim Tao practise. Generally anything form 1/2 an hour plus, which is darn hard work Also i'm trying to work on the basics of turning and stepping, juen ma, huen ma, biu ma... I also do things like SLT standing on one leg etc. to build up my root.

Qigong wise i just train hard qigong as i've been taught. Right now 2 bricks and a handy wall or tree trunk are my only training aids That builds us enough tendon and muscle strength, so don't need to do anything else... i also do some horse stance and zhan zhuang training as well as soft qigong whenever i can

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

We also have two jump off a 2 story rock and land in a perfect ding bo stance.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Yu Shan-'c'mon, can't ya tell? Horse stance, Lion Dance, Forearm conditioning, hei-gung? Can it be anything BUT Hung-Ga??!!!

Good answer friend!

We do horse stance training, I Chin Ching, Burning Buddha Palm, and Da Sum Sing, and other stance and chi kung work.