Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taiji Legacy 2002

Taiji Legacy-Require Room mates

This is for anyone who is going to the Taiji Legacy tournament.

We are looking for some people who would like to share rooms with some of our teammates. We will be using the Wyndham hotel, opposite the Arlington Convention centre (where the tournament will be taking place). This will then lower the room rate to about $26.28usd per person per night. According to the hotel, we are allowed to have up to 4 persons in one room.

We are looking for 2 male roommates and one female roommate (to share with our female team-mates).

If anyone are interested, please e-mail me on mail@martialarts.co.za or if you would like to phone me, you can do so on +2711 760 3575 (if you are in the USA, please remember we are about 7 or 8 hours ahead in time).

Thanks in advance
    Eddie

Taiji Legacy-Require Room mates

This is for anyone who is going to the Taiji Legacy tournament.

We are looking for some people who would like to share rooms with some of our teammates. We will be using the Wyndham hotel, opposite the Arlington Convention centre (where the tournament will be taking place). This will then lower the room rate to about $26.28usd per person per night. According to the hotel, we are allowed to have up to 4 persons in one room.

We are looking for 2 male roommates and one female roommate (to share with our female team-mates).

If anyone are interested, please e-mail me on mail@martialarts.co.za or if you would like to phone me, you can do so on +2711 760 3575 (if you are in the USA, please remember we are about 7 or 8 hours ahead in time).

Thanks in advance
    Eddie

No room in my room

but there's room at my seminar - check it out at:
    http://www.chinwoo.com/tcl2002/tcl2002FrameSet.html

Sorry for the blatent ad, but you did post this everywhere on the forum.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

good luck on the roommates

I live here so i don't require a room. but i'll be at the Taiji Legacy tournament.

are you compeating?
    "Cyanide is a dangerous chemical. That's why it is a crime to possess it without a peaceful purpose," said U.S. Attorney Fitzgerald.

Hi Gene,
    sorry if I cluttered the forum with the useless post , but Im kind of getting a little desperate as time is drawing closer.

I was actually concidering to go to your seminar, so I did budget the extra bucks for it. I wanted to get the feel for the event first, then see how things go once Im there.
    But i must be honest, My first priority on seminars is obviously Sifu Phil's workshop on CLF .

I will make a point to try get to chat to you once I get there. I'm pretty much looking forward to meeting you. Hope you are not like those celebs who are to important to chat to us little people?

Just kidding
    See you soon

Sorry for the late reply.
    thanks for the wishes.
    yes, I will be competing. Want to enter in as many divisions as i can. I'm more into san shou though. Weight 96 kilos and Im little over 66ft4

Mother Hen!!!

Eddie wrote: "Weight 96 kilos and Im little over 66ft4."

You might be kinda tall for the other guys!

*There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

Desperation...

...well, I understand desperation. Hope you find your roommate.
    As for me being a celeb type - I'll play that role if the fan is buying the beer - otherwise, just grab me, I'm always eager to meet other MA people.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene, (rarther Mr Ching)
    dont want to sound like one of those backStreetBoys groupy type, but I have been reading your articles in IKFM and KFM for some time now. Pretty cool stuff. I guess, that makes you a celeb in my eyes.
    Living down here, I havent really met too many celebs (I once met someone, who knew someone, who had a sister who met Charleze Theron at a school party, way back before she moved to the USA to become famous), so if i act all weird, just blame it on the celeb groupy syndrome.

If the beers are not to expensive (anything more than $1.50 are to expensive) it will be my honor
    later
    ed

OK, none of this Mr. Ching stuff...

I'm honored that you think I'm a celeb, but I'm far from that. Save your idolation for the masters at the event. They're the true celbes, I just wirte about them. And don't feel you have to buy me a beer at all, I was just joking.

It will be delightful to meet you in person at Taiji Legacy. I'm easy to spot, so just come up at say hi when you see me.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene,
    i was just kidding. I will come chat to you.
    Whats your seminar going to be about?

well, if we're just kidding...

...I'll take that beer - guinness is my brand

My seminar is about the current state of published research, sort of a how-to workshop on researching martial arts, with a strong emphasis on publishing but also how to interpret what you read. My initial intention was to develop a workshop for writers, but the more I thought about it, it's evident that it's more important to develop better readers. You could call it "the way of reading between the lines." I hope you can attend.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Taiji Legacy 2002

http://www.chinwoo.com/tcl2002/tcl2002FrameSet.html

Anyone gonna go? It's in Arlington, Texas (not Dallas), the same city where the Texas Rangers play. In fact the convention center is spitting distance from the ballpark (I live in Arlington so I know). Anyway, anyone plan on going? I am gonna go as a spectator though 3 people from my school will be doing the San Shou. I can't wait.

Also, there are some people who live in the area (Wufupaul comes to mind), since you guys are so close, do you plan on attending?
    I have a signature.

I'll be there to cover it

And I'm even giving a seminar, as if you guys don't get enough of me already - but the proceeds go to a good cause - check it out on the chinwoo site...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

legacy

Yeah, I'll be there to watch the fight night and the master's demo, but I won't be competing.
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002