Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taiji Legacy 2002

Sweet, maybe I will meet up with ya 2 somehow.

I might be taking (Im sure he will let me borrow it) my brother's digital camcorder to video tape some of the stuff. I cant wait for the copetition, what I'll probably record most of.
    I have a signature.

I have not spoken with jimmy wong personally about this but find it hard to believe.

A competition of this size IS a lot of work to host and get it all together. It requires a lot of time and committment from his students and staff - but it has become one of the major events of the summer in just 3 or 4 years.

Each year it has gotten bigger and this year is in a new location due to the size and growth. It would be surprising if Jimmy all of a sudden shut it down. I would doubt anyone doing this....

However, Jimmy Wong DOES have his Chinwoo and school concerns.

The community needs to support such efforts as this one to make sure that people like Jimmy continue to see a reason to put in the work to make them happen.

not about no-touch knockouts...

...about how to write about no touch knockouts and make a living doing just that.
    I doubt Jimmy is going to end TJL, but this year was particularly tough because it's also the world Chinwoo event. Jimmy has put a lot of work into getting it here in the U.S. and almost lost it after 9/11 concerns. So I'm sure he won't be trying something of this magnitude again for a while (after all, he can't host the world Chinwoo event again for some time I imagine.)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart