Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: !!! Mike Newton’s Tape Trading SCAM !!!

***Martial arts Tape Trading Site** *Legit?????

Has any one Traded with this guy? I have heard that he doesn't make good on his trades,There is a thread on some other forums.
    I would like to hear from anyone that has done Trades with him, Please post your experiences here.
    Thanks-
    Bruce

http://community-2.webtv.net/barneygoogles/MikeNewtons/

I have been wondering about this, I sent the guy some tapes I had, hoping to get a trade on some stuff that I saw, stuff I would not buy but would trade for, and it was awhile ago, and I have yet to get anything.

He seems like a real nice guy, but my radar is going up a bit, I am going to check my e-mail today, as I sent him a complaint, and see what he says.

I will post ther responses here.

Can you tell me where people are talking bad about his non-existant trades?

Thanks
    Regards

My "Trading" experiance with Mike is as follows:
    I sent him 11 tapes MONTHS ago, rare stuff that he would never be able to get on his own elsewhere.

He was allways super nice and timely with his E-Mail responses, that is until I started asking for my tapes... I sent him Brand new Sony tapes recorded in SP mode. He finally sent me three tapes with a note saying that he is Very behind with sending out tapes and promised to get the rest out this week.

The three tapes he finally sent out, consisted of Two high Quaility Sony Tapes, And One Crappy RCA, all recorded in LP or EP mode. One tape had a title listing but was sent out BLANK!!!! Another had a title I already had, and did not ask for at all.I then sent off a E-mail requesting my tapes be recorded in SP mode like I sent him , and on Blank tapes ( He sent me one Used). Since then, He has Ignored at least 4 E-Mails. If by chance he makes good on his Agreement, I will Let you all know here. But He has had PLENTY of time to reply. I had fellow Martial Artist's mail him for a "Trade" and guess what? He replied Instantly!!!!
    I gave him more than one chance Before posting a Negative comment. But, Sadly, He never learned Honor from the Martial Arts. "Trader Beware"
    Thanks-
    Wolfgang

Thats sucks Wolfgang,

I bet I am in for the same experiance, I sent out 5 very high video quality tapes to Mike in exchange for some stuff that I was wondering about getting, that was way over a month ago.

He has yet to respond back to my new e-mail regarding why my 5 tapes have not been sent out, my first complaint was addressed to the fact that he was very behind due to the nature that he has gotten so many tapes, but my tapes would be out shortly, though before I ordered he told me it only took 3 to 5 days to recieve my tapes.

The only good news is that it did not cost me anything, the tapes I sent him, I hated, but I am sure others would like them, I did not buy them, they were a gift from a friend who hated them, so I just sent the stupid originals, plus my company paid for the UPS postage.

If I knew the guy was going to flake on his good word, I would of just givin the dumb things away here for free.

I will send him another e-mail tommorow.
    Regards

Umm guys

I suspected as much from the moment I heard about his site. Also, doesn't this reek of copywrite infringment? Are there authorities that can be called?

Welching on a trade is bad Karma, and deserves punishment if you ask me.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Angry look out for Tom Carnes

Most of these trading guys are collectors, and retards, who only send back crap, and hold on the the best for themselves.
    The worst out there is a guy named Tom Carnes, of Chico, Cali. THis guy pormised the sky, footage of my teachers long dead Master from the Islands, told stories about his great experience, his great certificates, how all these families named him inheritor, how he trained with Bruce Lee, and it went on. I figured this guy was a nut, but wanted the video he claimed he had. so I sent him a tape. some footage from comercial tapes and some of me doing a demo in downtown Tulsa. WHat I got back was junk, video of him, video of some philippino's where he claimed it was him, pictures of all his (forged) certificates (I checked several out) and an offer to come and do seminars for us for $500 plus bus fare. Oh and he sent me a rank certificate. I sent him that back. For a year the guy called my house almost weekly. then he sent me three more tapes of the same low quality crap, and told me about his great video system.
    The moral,
    If you want it, you probally have to buy it.
    Dont ever send out vidoe of your teacher or yourself to some guy you dont know.
    And if Mr. (self professed Master) Tom (Monkey Man) Carnes calls you, tell him he's a fake, and hang up.

I sent Mike another E-Mail last night and told him that he is the topic of conversation on the Kung-Fu Forum.

I told him if he makes good on his Trades that I would post the information here.

As before, I received no Reply at all. If anything, at least this will serve as a Warning to everyone not to Deal with him. Maybe someone that lives in N.Y. could pay him a visit :-)

I will keep you all posted!

Wolfgang

Here's the bottom line: If you're stupid enough to send your tapes out to somebody you don't even know, then you deserve whatever happens to you.
    K. Mark Hoover

Not True-
    Not Everyone out there is a Scam Artist and out to Rip you off!
    Unlike you, I have not given up on the Entire Human Race.
    Unfortunately, a big portion of what it Means to be a True Martial Artist has been Lost in some People's Training and Teaching.
    Mike claims to be a Mantis Stylist for 20 yrs , It's a wonder his Sifu doesn't give him a Lesson in Honor.Bottom line, If your Sifu knew you were up to a Scam like this, what would he say to you?
    I'd say a Attitude adjustment would soon follow! If he Attends class in the Bronx area, It will soon be known, As a Search is already in the works- He will NOT get away with Ripping people off this time!
    Take Care-
    Wolfgang

I wouldn't just risk an original tape, I would just send a copy. That way, when it turns out to be a scam, I only loose a couple of Bucks in blank tape and shipping costs.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I've traded with him as well. Sent him quite a few tapes over a month ago... haven't seen sh*t yet. A couple of the tapes are quite rare too.

I have traded tapes in the past with pretty good luck and have only encountered this type of thing once before...
    I guess I never learn...

KG

If you contact the post master, they will track him down and bust him for fraud.
    I have a signature.

Rig a tape with C4

So it blows up when he plays it.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I had come across that site and marked it as a possibilty to contact him, but I just wasn't sure if it was legal or not to trade tapes like that.

I checked and the website isn't even up anymore. He must have gotten alot of videos for free from the sounds of it
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

I was finally able to contact Mike Monday night and he claims he is shipping out what he owes me this up-Coming week.
    Of course, while we were talking, his site was being removed page by page and is now gone, so who knows?
    I'll keep you posted. Has anyone Else heard fom him as well?
    Wolfgang
    Last edited by Wolfgang Kruger; 05-25-2002 at 06:18 AM.