Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: !!! Mike Newton’s Tape Trading SCAM !!!

Divx Rules

Instead of juggling tapes, you should get on the peer to peer networks. Lots of Jet Li and Jackie Chan movies on those in Divx format, some in DVD quality too
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

Guys, last I heard sending copies of copyrighted tapes through the mail is not only copyright infringement but also mail fraud.

Be careful.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

!!! Mike Newton’s Tape Trading SCAM !!!

Mike Newton’s Tape Trading SCAM !!!

Dear Martial brothers, let me tell you about one of the lowest martial arts scams you could imagine.

It started one day a few months ago when on an impulse I put up a posting asking if anyone knew of any footage of my schools lion dance or demonstrations from between 10 and 35 years ago. My Sifu and school had done many lion dances etc, so I assumed that someone out there may have some footage. My Sifu, passed away ten years ago.

I received an e-mail a day or so later by a Mr. Steven Tyler. He claimed to have footage of our school in numerous performances from San Francisco. Upon hearing this I was overjoyed, I truly wanted to find some footage of my long dead Sifu, who raised me as a god son. He said that he would be happy to send me the footage at no cost to me since he knew how sentimental it was to me. He claimed to have lived in San Francisco during the 70’s and 80’s and also seemed to know something about my Sifu. Being overjoyed I offered to give him some tapes from my collection. He said that that would be great, and he would send me my tapes soon.

Then he claimed to know a well known Mantis Sifu who I wont mention his name. He said this Mantis Sifu had old 8mm footage of my Sifu training in a Chinese Association in Chinatown. What a coincidence, my Sifu was learning from one of his Northern Shaolin Sifu’s in such an association in the 60’s, the same time period Steven Tyler mentioned. He also mentioned a sparring match which was filmed with my Sifu and another guy. The description of the bout sounded exactly like the kind of technique and ruthlessness of my Sifu. It sounded most convincing. This con guy is good.

Using the name of this well known Mantis Sifu, this guy Steven Tyler said that the Mantis Sifu would trade for the footage I wanted, he said the Mantis Sifu was eccentric and wanted some other kung fu tapes. I thought it was bizarre and a little unbelievable, but his story of the footage just seemed so convincing. So, taking a chance I sent some more tapes for Steven to hand to the Mantis Sifu for supposed exchange.

As you can imagine no tapes ever arrived at my office. He kept delaying me with pitiful excuses, then tried to get me excited with stories of tapes of my Grandmaster, my Great-Grandmaster and tapes of Ku Yu Cheung nonetheless. Now I knew I had been had. I was a sucker, yes I admit it. But this sucker never forgets.

Its not very NICE to cheat people using sentiments of their lost master. Not nice at all.

Anyway back to the story. I figure I would try to find out who this traitor (Fan Gwut Jai) is. I called many schools in the Bronx and New York to see if a Steven Tyler was enrolled, no luck. It seems the only Steven Tyler I could find was in the rock band (Aerosmith ?).

Next. I noticed a web page being posted advertising a kung fu tape trading site here on Kungfuonline.com. It seemed too unusual. I checked it out and saw it was run by a Mike Newton. Different name, same tapes. I waited to see if anyone complained about any cheating before I moved. Yesterday I went to the Martial Media and Popular Culture section and found many complaints on this trading site:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...threadid=12817

If I had seen these postings I would have acted sooner, as I usually hang out in the Shaolin Forum.

Anyway, for your information the person who is cheating us not a Steven Tyler nor is it a Mike Newton. It is someone else. I checked Mike Newtons (now disappeared) web site and dug around. I found on its side pages a number of resumes posted for a:

Mr. Luis Ginorio ...... of Puerto Rico

Could this perhaps be our man. Well I would not leave it to such simple circumstantial evidence alone, I went further. I called around New York and it was verified that Mr. Luis Ginorio was in fact a Preying Mantis practitioner. I checked address databases and found the address of Luis Ginorio matched the exact mailing address I had sent the tapes.

So we have matching mailing addresses for Luis Ginorio and Steven Tyler at 755 XXXXX St, Bronx New York. He is a Mantis player of ill repute and also sells/sold tapes on ebay under the handle “micromantis”, here is his “previously sold items” page on e-bay:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...sort=3&rows=25

(If you cannot open it properly, then go to search function on ebay, then type in micromantis and include completed auctions. )

He had sold some new Wing Lam tapes I sent him.

Anyway I would like to bring this traitor to full light. He cheats many honest martial artists, he cheats them using the love of a long dead Sifu, he hides behind fake names (Steven Tyler/Bane/Mike Newton) and he abuses the names or reputable masters and includes them in his scam, thus redirecting our hatred to them instead.

This is not the action of a martial artist, it is the action of a cacaracha ... a roach.

My eye is on you Luis Ginorio, as someone on the complaint post said…..you can run but you can’t hide.

A small world is it not Luis ?

I welcome you to San Francisco to see what you have entered into.

Cheers

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

I was stupid enough to send the ****-sucker some tapes of mine as well. The guy is a con artist, we should contact the postal inspectors for fraud or something like that, I wish he lived by me so I could tell this to him in person.

He ignored all of my e-mails, but again I was the one stupid enough to fall for it, I should of known better.

I hope the *******s dinky turns black and falls in the craper.
    Regards

Luis Ginorio ;-))))

Black Jack,
    Just remember the name of Mr. Luis Ginorio of the Mantis Style.

Was the shipping address 755 White Plains as well ?

Buddhapalm

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

That was it.

All I wasted was shipping money, my tapes, some common sense, and a bit o' time.

I hope he gets caught and spends some jail time with a convict who likes fresh meat and tossed salads.
    Regards

He ignored all of my e-mails, but again I was the one stupid enough to fall for it, I should of known better. "

dont know if you should have known better?, as he was just one martial artist? who happens tobe a con, its not as bad in the sense of people watch out, if Criminal Ent. were into bootlegged personnal kf tapes

tis crap tho

If i were you i would make a phone call to his sifu.

Caveat Emptor

Usually when something sounds too good to be true it often is. Now you're all a little wiser.
    K. Mark Hoover

I sense a disturbance in the Force, Yeeeeeeeessssss, a Mob style burial, I see...................
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Plenty of little holes in the desert for cocksuckers like him.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

buddhapalm;
    i've got a '70s demo tape, that i believe was filmed in sanfrancisco. - the only sifu i know is on the tape is y.c. wong. - i don't know the names of any of the other demonstrators, as there is no sound. - it is b&w. - i believe it was transfered from 16mm. - it seemed like a really big tourney/demo. - you can drop me an email at grandterminus@hotmail.com if you'd like a copy.
    The more you know the less you need to show.

May you be filled with loving kindness.
    May you be well.
    May you be peaceful and at ease.
    May you be happy.

MaFuYee

MaFuYee,
    Thanks, I think I have that one though. Does it have a whole bunch of Wong Jack Man performances, with lots of weapons, Northern Shaolin sets and two man sets. Does it have two filmings of the same demo ? Some beauty queens in it too.

If its different please let me know, I would be most interested.

Regarding Luis Ginorio/Mike Newton/Steven Tyler,
    I dont mind him taking advantage of me with tapes so much, though it is an issue. What infuriates me most is leading me on that he had footage of my Sifu while he was learning.

I asked some masters in New York that knew of Luis Ginorio and they said that his present Sifu probably would not care if I reported the incidents to him. I did not get the present Sifu's name, but I would like to know too.

Does anyone here know Ginorio's current Sifu ? I am curious.

Buddhapalm

(beauty queens) - it's probably (99%) the same tape.

i "traded" with steve/mike/louis, and ended up getting some tapes - not exactly as agreed, over one month later... (it could be because it would only be a short drive for me to go knock on his door... which i subtly reminded him.)

i don't think i'll have further dealings with him.

but, if as you say, he is a 'mantis' person... the teacher that comes to my mind, up in that area, is raul ortiz. - i'm sure there are others.
    The more you know the less you need to show.

May you be filled with loving kindness.
    May you be well.
    May you be peaceful and at ease.
    May you be happy.

Save all the emails and call the police.
    I am nothing.