Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: !!! Mike Newton’s Tape Trading SCAM !!!

Qi dup

That would be ok, but under what law can he be charged ? Tapes were not sold by mail, they were traded.....does this still constitute mail fraud ? Please advise, I would enjoy this.

Next. This boy needs to be brought to light. A member of the martial world who indulges in this kind of sneaky low behavior should be brought to full view. I have not disclosed all of the things he did and said, otherwise it would have been too long.

He operated with full confidence in the dark, now the lights are on. I am not the only one he duped.

Buddhapalm
    "In heaven and earth no spot to hide;
    Bliss belongs to one that knows that things
    are empty and that man too is nothing.
    Splendid indeed is the Mongol longsword
    Slashing the spring wind like a flash of lightning !"

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

Stacey Guest
    you have to question the intelligence of a man who cons martial artists.

anyway here are some solutions.

1. Call police.
    2. Chain letter to martial artists warning them.
    3. Write a blurb to a martial arts magazine.
    4. contact e-Bay
    5. Visit him and kick his ass, take his tapes and **** on his carpet.

Greetings:
    If anything, At least his website is History, and everyone has been Warned. I have been in Contact with alot of the People burned by this Lowlife, and No one is letting this slide.

There are many things in motion as we speak.

Take care-
    Wolfgang

Please contact my corporate office at info@RMAX.tv

In the past, this individual has been caught manufacturing and distributing for profit copies of my video tapes. We issued a cease and desist, but found that he only changed the name listed on the video, and continues to sell copies.
    We will be happy to assist.
    Fraternal,
    Scott Sonnon
    RMAX Performance Solutions
    http://www.RMAX.tv

What he did was a bad thing. If you guys sent him tapes then you were also doing something illegal, so you guys would get into some trouble also. Especially if this guy kept your emails. My advice would be just to leave it alone and be thankful that you got the creep site taken off before he had a chance to get any more tapes.

From what I understand from viewing his site, you had to send first which means that the sender initiated the copying of the tapes. I guess both parties are at fault. Same thing happen to me once and I warned everyone about the guy and the guy then went away. So it's a good thing you guys warned us about this person that way we can't get fooled by him.
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me

Hmmmm.... Welcome to the forum with legal advice for tape traders.

Actually, your assessment is not entirely accurate. What these people did was illegal ONLY if the footage was copyright protected.

For instance when Mr. Luis Ginorio (AKA Steven Tyler, AKA Mike Newton), 755 White Plains, Bronx New York, allegedly produced and sold unauthorized copies of my copyright protected intellectual property (videos,) this is illegal, which is why we have taken action through our attorney.

However, defrauding a contractual agreement, like Mr. Luis Ginorio has allegedly committed to the members stating to the effect here, is illegal.

Regards,
    Scott Sonnon
    RMAX Performance Solutions
    http://www.RMAX.tv
    Last edited by RMAX.tv; 06-10-2002 at 12:23 PM.

There's no copywrites

on video of your dead master training in the park shot by some bystander. It's home video, not comercial. Or what if I sent him video of me in exchange for some other home shot stuff?

Anyway, that being said I knew the S#!t was going to hit the fan with this before. This guy needs to go down. It's un cool and down right wrong to rip people of off like that.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

take all those steps earlier recommended, and pursue his immoral butt until it can't stink up this world anymore.

also, contact the Better Business Bureau if he's operating under any business format.

STACEY: your suggestions got bleeped out. should we pee or crap on his carpet (the four-letter versions don't meet with our sensors)?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

As was mentioned, if you sent copies of copyright protected tapes (Panther, etc.) you have commited copyright infringement and mail fraud. If you sent originals, then you didn't do anything illegal you just got screwed out of a tape.

So, I think it would be hard to get him in trouble without incriminating yourself since you broke the law too by sending him tapes.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I sent orignals to the douchbag. I got them from a buddy who hated them so much he gave them to me for free, and in return I thought they sucked as well, so much that I just sent them to this con artist as I did not want to waste any time copying such junk.

The tapes were the 5 instructor course tapes to Bart Vale shootfighting.

That is why I am not so chapped, I lost about $9.00 in mail fees, but thats it.

Wolfgang, let me know if I can help. My email is ja411@iwon.com

I remeber he had on his site that if someone sent him a dvd player he would trade in tapes
    Regards

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stacey
    [B]you have to question the intelligence of a man who cons martial artists.

Wolfgang,

Could you please email me at

urbantea@hongkong.com ?

I'd like to talk with you.

BTW- thanks for the information regarding Mike. He told me that he had footage of Wong Hon Fun and I was about to send him 3 old school tapes...

L. Ginorio

I had sent him some original footage of Wing Lam Hung Gar tapes, including 8 Gates Sparring, Iron Wire, Gung Gee Fook Fu and others.

Luckily I did not give him my good stuff yet ;-)))))

Scott, I will contact you, I have a number that may interest you.

I personally think the best revenge is "EVICTION" from the Martial World.

Do you think he will sign up in any of your tournaments ?

Do you think he will sign up in any of your schools ?

He now has to take on the same strategic posturing as Bin Laden did, with a thousand Marines and SEAL's hunting him down like a squeeling pig on all-terrain motorcycles through the Afghan highlands......................run baby run, can't you hear the engines ;-))))

Hasta la vista baby. Lets cook some pork, this ones not Kosher though, but it is in the Bronx.

Buddhapalm

Monk Wu-hsueh Tsu-yuan - Reciting as the Mongol sabers slashed towards him. The Mongols spared him out of respect. For no ordinary man recites a poem facing death.

Luis Ginorio

Hi Guys,
    His name is not Mike Newton as advertised, but is Luis Ginorio of the Bronx, NY. Moderator please do not delete my posts as I am trying to educate the public about an immoral embarassment to the martial world. I have proof on this.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

"MASTER" TOM

Seriously, watch out for Tom Carnes. From first hand experience I can tell you that he is a fraud, and borderline delusional. I've seen his JKD certificates. Did bruce make his students fill out their certificates themselves, in their own handwriting? Was he really an orphan raised at the Shaolin Temple and given the title "Master" in monkey kung fu? Too many of his stories seem contrived and do not match up. He does teach seminars, and there is no doubt he posseses skills and techniques, but I question background and credentials. I, and many others, have an uneasy fear of this man. If you have a similar experience, please post.