Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The 90% statistic of street fights going to the ground a myth?

Cool

Well damm, guys! What can I say? Thanks so much for the support. (Makes me misty eyed *sniff sniff* )

I guess this rant might be in relation to my rather sarcastic remark about Les Paul taking on 10 guys. I'll apologize for that, but the only reason I said it was because the excuse of "grappling can't fight 10 guys!" is so overdone, and doesn't have a lot of thought behind it.

I've never once put down CMA. I come to this board because I find the posters here very friendly, funny, and seem to have good character. I like that in people, so I have fun here.
    To answer your question, yes I also post on jiu-jitsu and judo forums like Mousel's forum and E-budo from time to time.
    However I like the PEOPLE here the best I guess.

All this talk about me is gonna make my head swell though guys

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

" I'm a "know it all" and admit it. please let me know if I'm acting like a jerk! "

Jerk. You don't know sh!t.

Ryu has contributed 1052 posts worth of good discussion and info to the board.

You have contributed 152 posts worth. I can't remember any of your previous posts, but if they are all along the standard of "I can beat 10 guys" then i don't think I'll bother.

You wouldn't go into a bar or pub and start bad mouthing the locals without expecting to get beat up. So don't expect any help doing it here.

Yes this is a Kung Fu board, and there is a lot of kungfu talk, but the people here are broad minded and willing to address the realities of modern fighting.

Fugging weirdo.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

Ryu is a class act. He sure the hell doesnt deserve a internet tough guy unloading his gang wannabe BS on him.

So what big bad gang are you down with? Are you a Beecher creature? Oh wait thats Lansing... how could I get those two confused? Bwahahaha...
    1. Know the positions
    2. Hold positions
    3. Escape the positions
    4. Move from position to position
    5. Learn the attacks
    6. Counter the attacks
    7. Time on the mat
    a. drilling
    b. sparring
    8. Repeat (thanks R.D.)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by les paul

You have had your @ss handed to you by a 5'1' 120 lbs women?

Man, your waza must suck!

No, but I am saying that I feel this women could handle someone who took her down, positioned himself between her legs, and try to have his way with her. To me, that's more self defense than a knockdown, drag out fight.

Answer me this "what's a white boy on the west side of Chicao know about gangs?"

You know what, I wish I didn't. I also wish I didn't have to bury someone very close to me this April because he was shot at point blank range by a 17 year old punk. My white skin didn't save me from having to deal with that. Don't misunderstand me, I do my best to stay out of trouble. But that doesn't mean I don't see or hear what's going on around me. There's a lot of people here who don't have to see that, thank God. I simply try to provide what happens in my environment as accurately as possible. Doesn't make me a thug or a bad @ss, I'm neither.

I know where you train....right in the middle of the burbs....do you forget that you sent me a flyer for a seminar one time?

If you've read my posts, you also know I drive over an hour to get to the Northern 'burbs to train. The instruction is worth it.

I'm not sure what got into you Paul, I've never slandered you and in fact, pointed out that I was NOT doing so before my post. I don't know why you're so offended, but what I wrote is simply the truth as I see it. I've never bad mouthed you and I'm not going to start now. You, of course, may refer to me however you feel you need to.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

[sniff] I need a group hug guys........ [sniff]

WD: Sorry to hear about your friend, That's bad sh!t man. I'm sure Les Paul would have saved him and the free world though

Peace guys.
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Actually, Ryu acts like the nice, sensitive, chivalrous type. But do not be fooled, this is only to lure the unsuspecting women of chinese martial arts into his home where he performs brutal hypnotic rituals in order to convert them into grapplers.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

How come when Ryu speaks English his lips don't sync with the words?

Ryu's favorite pick up line to Japanese girls, "Hey baby, wanna see Godzilla?"

Second favorite, "Of couse I'm a master of Iai do, wanna see me draw my sword?"
    Last edited by rogue; 06-17-2002 at 01:42 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Although Ryu is often mistakably referred to as an individual belonging to what we once called the "NHB Mafia" I don't think he has blatenly slandered any posters other than maybe taking on a few people who were claiming a bunch of crap that was so ludicrous it was obviously a lie. Trust me Les Paul. About a year ago this board was filled with a whole cabal of loser NHB guys/gals that would have done 10 times worse to you given half the chance. Many were suspect of using fake, multiple Ids to perpetrate their B.S. and make it look like they were in the majority. Thats one of the reasons that me and many others just quit posting here. Looks like things have maybe turned around though and maybe I'll start posting again.

Ryu's nothing but a big GrEEK ,LOL

Ryu, aren't you in San Antonio? If so, I'm coming to see ya in July Big Boy.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

question on stats

what happens to the 10 percent that doesn't go to the ground... do they just quit and go get a beer?

Maybe 90 percent do go to the ground....

but 100 percent start standing up... well unless you get bizatch slapped while your sitting down I guess.
    "There is no try...do, or do not."

That's just it!

Originally posted by Dark Knight

No, but I do see something wrong with a CMA board that is obsessed with BJJ and grappling arts.

I am not primarily CMA, I hav studied many nstyles and like coming here for the broad views on other styles.

You seem insecure on your own skills and style.

You should think about this again

Thats the impression you have made of yourself.
    That's just it, This board is obsessed with guys who think ground and pound is the end all to be all. Reality is far more complex than that. The ground game isn't as "prime time" as people think is (at least on this net)

I personnally don't get intimidated by a guys who knows what a Hiji waza is, so Cyber jiujtsu wannabe don't sweat me. As far as an impression I've given you or others.....please this is a net news group. I'm not going to stunt your ego nore you mine by not giving you props (expecially if there not due...) I'm not posting here to have my ego stroked...the number of times I've posted here should indicate this.
    As far as experience goes, I've got plenty. Just because I don't walk and talk your "mojo" on this net doesn't mean anything.

Nice try.....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Water Dragon
    Originally posted by les paul

You have had your @ss handed to you by a 5'1' 120 lbs women?

Man, your waza must suck!

No, but I am saying that I feel this women could handle someone who took her down, positioned himself between her legs, and try to have his way with her. To me, that's more self defense than a knockdown, drag out fight.

Answer me this "what's a white boy on the west side of Chicao know about gangs?"

You know what, I wish I didn't. I also wish I didn't have to bury someone very close to me this April because he was shot at point blank range by a 17 year old punk. My white skin didn't save me from having to deal with that. Don't misunderstand me, I do my best to stay out of trouble. But that doesn't mean I don't see or hear what's going on around me. There's a lot of people here who don't have to see that, thank God. I simply try to provide what happens in my environment as accurately as possible. Doesn't make me a thug or a bad @ss, I'm neither.

I know where you train....right in the middle of the burbs....do you forget that you sent me a flyer for a seminar one time?

If you've read my posts, you also know I drive over an hour to get to the Northern 'burbs to train. The instruction is worth it.

I'm not sure what got into you Paul, I've never slandered you and in fact, pointed out that I was NOT doing so before my post. I don't know why you're so offended, but what I wrote is simply the truth as I see it. I've never bad mouthed you and I'm not going to start now. You, of course, may refer to me however you feel you need to.

Your original post was designed to "bust my balls" just like Ryu's and Merryprankster's. All you were trying to do was get "the last snap in " between the other two.

Who you foolin.....

Nice sad story, but unfortunatly I've seen enouph of that crap to last me three life times.

So I'm kind of insensetive to those stories.

Sorry you had to experience it......

Oh....

I'm lost as to where is the answer to my question is in your reply.....

Your "chin music" is getting pointless.........

Give the man his Props!!!!!

Originally posted by Ryu
    Well damm, guys! What can I say? Thanks so much for the support. (Makes me misty eyed *sniff sniff* )

I guess this rant might be in relation to my rather sarcastic remark about Les Paul taking on 10 guys. I'll apologize for that, but the only reason I said it was because the excuse of "grappling can't fight 10 guys!" is so overdone, and doesn't have a lot of thought behind it.

I've never once put down CMA. I come to this board because I find the posters here very friendly, funny, and seem to have good character. I like that in people, so I have fun here.
    To answer your question, yes I also post on jiu-jitsu and judo forums like Mousel's forum and E-budo from time to time.
    However I like the PEOPLE here the best I guess.

All this talk about me is gonna make my head swell though guys

Ryu

I give huge props and what's owed to you!

This brother is impressed.

An apology by me is up front!

It takes a "man" to say that he made a "Sarcastic remark" ......cause that's how I took it (i.e. low shot to the groin ...Blam!)

You got gut's and real character.

I respect that and judging by your post, I can see why some of these guys came to your defense.

Given the number of jujitsu trolls on this net and the fact I do not come here often......

I've misjudged you, there is "real" strength in your words

Re: That's just it!

Originally posted by les paul

That's just it, This board is obsessed with guys who think ground and pound is the end all to be all. Reality is far more complex than that. The ground game isn't as "prime time" as people think is (at least on this net)

I personnally don't get intimidated by a guys who knows what a Hiji waza is, so Cyber jiujtsu wannabe don't sweat me. As far as an impression I've given you or others.....please this is a net news group. I'm not going to stunt your ego nore you mine by not giving you props (expecially if there not due...) I'm not posting here to have my ego stroked...the number of times I've posted here should indicate this.
    As far as experience goes, I've got plenty. Just because I don't walk and talk your "mojo" on this net doesn't mean anything.

Nice try.....
    Who here has ever said that ground and pound is the be all end all? It's merely an aspect of fighting that people like to train.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Les Paul,

Break your balls? I don't know about that. But Ryu's right--it's the same argument we hear all the time--can't handle 10 people at a time.

Yeah, well, odds are against you in that kind of situation no matter what--nothing really confers an advantage at that point, but proper use of your head. Was my remark sarcastic? Yup...probably needlessly so. But for every person on here who has a realistic view about what a person, regardless of training, can or cannot do, we get about 5 or 6 who really do believe that somebody trained in "their style," can defeat all comers, in any amount.

It gets tiresome.

Now as far as being a tough guy, I cry at sappy movies and decorate my house entirely in pink and frilly lace.

Besides which, I don't consider myself to be some sort of bad-ass real streetfighter. I'm a sport artist and I try not to get the two confused.

So, not to be a "me too," but me too. Didn't mean to come on so strong--it wasn't required.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 06-23-2002 at 11:38 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli