Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wing Chun videos uploaded !

Exclamation New Wing Chun videos uploaded !

Hi guys, we've just uploaded some video sequences:

http://www.wingchunbakmei.com/tech1.htm

Hope you like them!

Thumbs up

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

cool stuff!

it was interesting seeing someone use claws in WC, coming from a yip man lineage

peace
    travis
    Travis

structure in motion

TjD, the site plainly stated that the claw stuff was from Pan Nam lineage. It was interesting though.

Big guy, but looks quite soft.

Didn't buy any of the throat grab or disarm stuff though... sorry.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Cool clips. When I lived in Sacramento I visited Sifu Chong's school on Auburn Blvd. he's a nice guy and know's his Wing Chun. Saw him do a demo at Tat Mau Wong's Tournament in San Francisco in 97 very impressive.
    John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.

>TjD, the site plainly stated that the claw stuff was from Pan Nam >lineage. It was interesting though.

i know, i meant myself coming from a yip man lineage, having not seen claws used before

peace
    trav
    Travis

structure in motion

"Didn't buy any of the throat grab or disarm stuff though... sorry."

As these videos were supposed to be for demonstrative purposes, the techniques are performed very slowly. I know that in order to 'buy' it, people need to see how they are really performed. Last Saturday's seminar was an eye-opener for many people, as Sifu Michael Chong's speed doing these and many other techniques was astonishing.

As soon as the footage we took on Saturday is ready, I promise to upload it so you can see it by yourself.

Btw, there's another seminar coming up this Saturday!

Peace.

Hey BF, I just sent you an email through the forum. I don't know if it will deliver to the mailbox you use or if it just gets sent to your account on the forum. Let me know if you've received it.

Thanks

Zhuge Liang

BF - Are you a student of Eddie Chongs? I have a few questions for you. First is, do you know why Sifu Chong added Bak Mei into his wing chun?
    Also, there is an instructor around here who learned from Sifu Chong, and one thing I noticed is his arms tend to be loose and floppy. After watching the videos, it seems Sifu Chongs are as well, is this on purpose or is it an affectation? the reason I ask is that it seems to me that arms should be under control, loose and relaxed but with intent behind them. Does this make sense?

Zhuge Liang: I haven't received anything. E-mail me to

goldener_drache@hotmail.com

"BF - Are you a student of Eddie Chongs? I have a few questions for you. First is, do you know why Sifu Chong added Bak Mei into his wing chun?
    Also, there is an instructor around here who learned from Sifu Chong, and one thing I noticed is his arms tend to be loose and floppy. After watching the videos, it seems Sifu Chongs are as well, is this on purpose or is it an affectation? the reason I ask is that it seems to me that arms should be under control, loose and relaxed but with intent behind them. Does this make sense?"

OK, here we go:
    Yes, I am one of his students. His Bak Mei isn't 'added' to his Wing Chun, the classes are held totally separately. Period. However he can use the Bak Mei techniques when doing Wing-Chun, for example in sparring, which I would expect from any advanced practicioner who has spent over 30 years training.

Loose and floppy arms? I don't know about the instructor you're talking about. But in regards of Sifu Chong, believe me, if you Chi-Sao with him there is definitely 'intend' and forward pressure behind. I don't know how long you have practiced Wing-Chun, but I invite you to visit him here in CA or to Mn when he's teaching there a seminar to touch hands with him. Who knows, you might be surprised. He's known as being a good practitioner from the Leung Sheung - Kenneth Cheung lineage (besides of his later work in the Pan Nam lineage).

Does this answer your questions?

Regards!

Here's a loaded question:

Do you know why Chong started studying Pan Nam? Was it strictly to compliment the Yip Man/Leung Sheung system, or did he feel he was missing something?

Sort of BF, it may be hard to see the floppiness if that is the way you do it, that is why I was asking because it seems pretty consistant from the guys I have seen who learned from him. I wont throw any names around but the guy I talked to was teaching in St. Paul, he still is from what I understand but dont know if he is still teaching Sifu Chongs stuff. I did however notice that this guy claimed the Bak Mei was sort of mixed in, he was always concerned with training your fingers for clawing type motions which are popular in Bak Mei. From day one he has you training for them.
    Although it would seem to me that it sort of mixes itself in if you are using it for sparring? Does he encourage this?

gnugear: This was discussed before in this forum. Just do a little bit of search. I think that after 20 years of training strictly Leung Sheung Wing Chun, you might be get interested in expanding your horizon. However he indeed found answers to many questions that he had.

red5angel: Prior to training under Sifu Chong, I trained WT for 2 years. So that I don't think that I don't notice the differences. I wasn't trained for his stuff from day one, as is the case of many other of his students. Clawing type motions are borrowed from Pan Nam Wing Chun (I guess you've not been exposed to this previously). Bak Mei is usually taught after having learned Wing-Chun. So you can expect the senior students to apply it in sparring.

How long have you been training? Who's your Sifu?

Regards!

Buddha Fist

I'm not dissing your sifu one bit. He looks **** fine, and I know it's hard to represent your art accurately on vid.

However, I doubt very much that he is faster than someone squeezing his finger.

And I've been in a throat grab situation (which I'd trained simple techniques for not unlike his, many many times) and the dynamics are pretty tricky, if your attacker is really intent on doing some damage.

I would love to check out Chong Sifu's wing chun (and Pak Mei), but I'm a bit of a way away!

Look forward to the next vids.

Sorry if you covered any of this in your last posts, no time now, just checked your answer to me...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan