Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wing Chun videos uploaded !

BF

Just noticed you're online, but I really have to go now... shame, would've been nice exploring this a little further...

Next time...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Hey BF - thats right Pan Nam, I remember this guy mentioned that, I guess he gave the impression that most o fthe clawing was from Bak Mei and it was mixed into the wing chun. Since then I havent been to a school that works on the grasping and hand conditioning like he did.
    Leung sheung>Kenneth Chung>Carl Dechiara>Me
    I have been studying for roughly 2 and a hlaf years. In the last six months I have started training with a school here locally and we are all learning from Carl.

I guess I cant explain the floppiness I see any better really, just noticed that from the other shools I have trained his elbows just seem much more loose, they go up much higher......

Very interesting.

What exactly is the clawing attack doing though - given that we don't have claws - I'm having difficulty figuring out what damage that would cause to someone?

Also it seems to be quite a circular sort of an attack -or at least one that comes out and slashing across rather than penetrating into the opponent - is that a fair comment ?

Take these as questions rather than criticisms.

Most clawing attacks are designed to tear flesh, or muscle, atleast that was what this guy was saying I trained with. He had us doing finger type conditioning so that our fingers got tough, giving them an ability to sort of grip the flesh better.

red5angel: We come from a similar lineage. Interesting.

popsider: Just complementing red5angel's post, the clawing technique is a vicious one, that fits in easily into a lot of situations (body positions you and your opponent are in a certain moment). Obviously most effective in soft spot areas: eyes, throat, etc where it is possible to do a lot of damage with little effort. Hope this helps a bit.