I skipped class because well...how often do you get to see a solar eclipse, even a partial one?

I got really lucky. It was sunny and clear, and part of the balcony on my apartment building faces west. It took place shortly before sunset here, so I only got to see about the first half - the sun dropped below some other apartments across the street right around the time lunar occlusion was at it's maximum. I think we got about 70% of the sun's face covered from here. I had a site bookmarked, but don't feel like checking it right now. Anyway, I put on my prescription sunglasses, and then on top of that I wore a pair of welding goggles that I have left over from a sculpture class I took I while back. That was sufficient to allow me to look directly at the sun without pain, at least after it dipped low enough to turn red. Before that I could only take quick, glancing glimpses of the event, not counting my 'solar camera' arrangement with a hole-poked piece of paper and a nice blank wall. Anyway, looking right at the eclipse like that was like viewing the biggest, brightest, reddest crescent moon you ever saw. It was truly an inspiring sight. Totally worth missing class for.

And you?