Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it that Praying Mantis is so effective for fighting?

Why is it that Praying Mantis is so effective for fighting?

i have heard from many many sources that mantis is the number one choice when it comes to fighting in the chinese arts, why is this so ? and what is it that mantis has that the other arts dont have?
    "Some people say it hurts. I say pain was never really born!" -Me

asda

Uh nothing praying mantis is a great martial art but its only one martial art. I think anyone who told you it was the greatest martial art probably does Praying mantis themselves.

HAHA what a joke....

is this for real? It sounds like flame bait.

I agree with Yee Gor that this thread is flame bait, but...

According to PM lore, PM is the result of 17 older styles of kung fu merged with the PM techniques and philosophies that Wang Lang created about 400 years ago. You could say that it's one of the oldes MMAs. It is in a way a precursor of JKD, what I mean is that PM will adapt to and adopt any technique that works. PM is based on a fighting philosophy, so any technique can be used freely within that philosophy.

Agree with MightyB, Mantis is a conglomeration of the" best of" the Best in CMA. A newer fighting art, so to speak. As for the best, to me , it`s the person.

MightyB, 7* is very powerful, it`s kind of the karate of Mantis...only effective! My teacher has shared with me 7* Mantis, but flavors it with Secret Door Mantis.

MB, do you guys ground fight? Have a good weekend.

I'm curious what is secret door like?
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

northernmantis

come to Tampa and see!!!!

NM, It's a secret!!!! Har Har Har

Northern Mantis

Secret door PM is a lot like Jade ring PM, they like a lot of circles like footwork, almost like 8 step maybe.

18 elders-

One of these days when I have a car and the income for it
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

xie li wong Guest

ya!!! roughnready

This sounds like PJO's work!!!

Mantis has the techniques.....many students are not trained correctly to use them though.
    "Grow through Pain." - Tainan Mantis

My question Joe, was the teacher "taught" the techniques? Or was he or she told to "figure them out"? You can look at an exercise or form and "think" you got it, you have no idea. I believe you should be with a teacher that has the passed down knowledge from the ancients. But, isn`t this being spoon-fed?

YU SHN......You need both