Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Would you convert into a different religion just to learn a certain style?

Originally posted by Braden

crumble

I believe: Yes, and yes although this is different from death of the body.
    Re: Yes - consciousness includes a sense of being.

Interesting. Do you find this to be an matter of faith? Or is it so **** blatently obvious that there is no doubt? I ask because my experiences have been fleeting and open to interpretation.

Re: Yes - there can be end of consciousness

Are you saying there definitively is an end of consciousness, or that there could be an end. I myself wonder if there can be any saying one way or another while conscious.

Thanks for the reply. If you want, you can take these questions offline by emailing me at shargrol @ hotmail. com

Thanks!

-crumble

Braden Guest
    Well, by definition any kind of consciousness must include a state of being. Whether or to what extent that being considers itself to have discreteness, or orders it's properties along time vs some other axis (or any of a number of other fundamental properties that we usually associated with being in the typical sense) is another question.

One of the big problems, I think, with doing this kind of research is teasing apart 'having had no consciousness' with 'not recalling the consciousness which was had.' I secretly believe there's no such thing as unconsciousness, except...

Yes, I believe there can definitely be an end to consciousness. I believe this to be it's own event though, independant of other sorts of deaths. I'm neither going on faith nor stating definite facts here, just going on my experiences. I'm inclined to say my experiences are minimal, but I honestly have no idea how much people play with this kind of stuff.