Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you convert into a different religion just to learn a certain style?

You Guys got it all back to front.

Read "Good Omens" it will open your Eyes to Christianity and the world.

Hehehe.

Re: chingei

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    It came from simple observations on the workings of the world.

perhaps a bit heavy on the 'simple' part.

Simplicity is the nature of the world, complex is nothing more than misdirected focus.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Braden Guest

Thumbs up

"Simplicity is the nature of the world, complex is nothing more than misdirected focus."

Cool.

Originally posted by Braden
    "Simplicity is the nature of the world, complex is nothing more than misdirected focus."

Cool.

I ate a whole pizza once and then barfed it all over the floor. it looked really cool.

In the end, it meant nothing.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Braden Guest
    Ching - Arguments by analogy are only viable if there's something other than the analogy holding them up.

Hey Braden - I've been working, and will need to get back to you on New Testament quotes. While I do not agree with some of your conclusions, I do agree that the new testament is fairly revoloutionary in terms of middle eastern theology.

It'll be fun.

For anyone who was offended by my statements, I meen you no discomfort. Just keep an open mind and don't beleive everything people say to you. Read, study, ask the uncomnfortable questions.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Religion

You know, I was gonna stay out of the religious chat, and just sit back and laugh as usual, but this caught my attention:

"If you can describe it, it ain't God." - Rev

I'm very happy with that reasoning. - Braden

Would either of you like to explain how you can believe in something that you can't describe? I'd be interested to hear the answer.
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

I can't describe a black hole, or the realms of our universe.

Informative posts, everyone.
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Braden Guest
    Let's say I have never had an orgasm. And you have. Let's further say that you are a world-renowned urologist - in fact, you specialize in human male sexual activity, and you have achieved absolute perfection in your field. What could you possibly say to me which would 'describe' an orgasm sufficiently that I would then understand what it was to experience one?

Originally posted by Braden
    Let's say I have never had an orgasm. And you have. Let's further say that you are a world-renowned urologist - in fact, you specialize in human male sexual activity, and you have achieved absolute perfection in your field. What could you possibly say to me which would 'describe' an orgasm sufficiently that I would then understand what it was to experience one?
    Need to remember that one for the next Qi Thread.

Qi is an orgasm that you've never had!

LOL!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Let's say I have never had an orgasm. And you have. Let's further say that you are a world-renowned urologist - in fact, you specialize in human male sexual activity, and you have achieved absolute perfection in your field. What could you possibly say to me which would 'describe' an orgasm sufficiently that I would then understand what it was to experience one? -Braden

I could attempt to explain, but I'd just tell you instead to go have an orgasm. Belief in a god is different. You can't have someone "experience" belief in a god; they believe, not sure, or they don't. An orgasm is a physiological response to certain stimuli, of course it's different for all people, just like religions are. But back to the original question, how do you know that something(a god) exists if you can't describe it? If you can't descibe it, then how can you experience it?
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

Braden Guest
    "If you can't descibe it, then how can you experience it?"

Didn't you agree at the beginning of that paragraph that you can experience things you can't describe, like an orgasm?