Thread: Marketing Nutritonal products with Multi level programs

Marketing Nutritonal products with Multi level programs

Anyone ever do this? Sucsessfully?

I am asking because one of my girl friends classmates are trying to get us to sell USANA products in a multi level marketing system.

I once tried doing that with Herbalife, and eventually gave up for various reasons.

I was wondering if any of you have done this or thought of doing this, and why.

Was it sucsessful? or too much of a pain in the behind to continue with?

Let's hear your stories.

Royal "The Vitamin Man" Dragon
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

RD.

Stay away from those things, not worthwhile unless you are the owner of those sales schemes or very high up the rank(which is highly unlikely).

You can make some bucks initially.
    But it will get harder and harder and in the end you either devote 100% of your time to break even or loose money.

Many Countries have by now outlawed these types of Sale practices and many other as they are nothing more than a scam and rip-off.

Call it multi-level or Pyramid schemes, same thing.

Peace

"First off: it's not a pyramid, it's a triangle. And secondly: it's not a scheme, it's an opportunity." - Peggy Hill

If you really want to lose dough that badly, just take what you were going to invest and mail it to me in a money order made out to 'CASH.' I promise not to spend more than 50% of it on beer.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Let me guess, the other 50% would go for Jim&Bean or nice Sour Mash?
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 06-13-2002 at 06:28 AM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

If it is what's known as pyramid selling I wouldn't do it.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

It's network marketing, same as a pyramid, only they have it structured in a binary system and are calling it "Binary" marketing.

Once you buy into it, you get 2 people to become distrubuters under you, and they get two people and they get 2 people up to 5 levels deep.

You get a commision off your sales, plus the sales of those under you. The idea is to get yourself set up, and then stop working as your "Down line" will support you once established.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Smile

A pyramid scheme is a pyramid scheme is a pyramid scheme. (pronounced "scam")
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Why don't you just give me the intital investment and I can just kick you in the nuts.

Scams, scams, scams, never tried one, but people have tried tog get me to join on many occasions and I hav known people who tried to take this route, they suck your money, your energy and most important of all, your time.

Avoid them dude.
    Regards

ttt for 2018!

Speaking of Herbalife...

Herbalife Being Sued for $1 Billion in Damages
    By Ryan Bucki, ISSA-CFTAugust 22, 2018 171 Comments

It was only a matter of time until Herbalife found itself back in the news. I don’t think anyone is shocked to hear that Herbalife is being sued…again, but this time for $1 billion in a Miami courtroom.

Distributors, the people who Herbalife sells to and then they sell to you, are suing the company for $1 billion in damages due to false promises of getting rich if they followed their business model. This comes after two previous lawsuits, $17.5 million in 2016 and $200 million in 2016. Over 100,000 plaintiffs could partake in this lawsuit, making it one of the largest ever against a Multi-Level Marketing company.

Los Angeles-based Herbalife, a publicly traded company with 2017 net sales of $4.4 billion, has long been embroiled in litigation and regulatory actions over its business practices, which have been compared by some to a pyramid scheme. A spokeswoman declined to comment for this story, although Herbalife attorneys are seeking to get the lawsuit dismissed or moved from Florida to a California court.

In the 2016 lawsuit brought on by the Federal Trade Commission, the agency said in a statement that “only a small minority of distributors have made anything near what the company promises” through promotional materials showing how they lived in expensive homes, drove luxury cars and took exotic vacations.

“A large majority of distributors made little or no money and a substantial percentage lost money,” the FTC said.

This is the center point of this new $1 billion lawsuit against Herbalife. Plaintiffs Patricia and Jeff Rodgers said, “We did everything they told us to do. We attended every event. We traveled and we spent money. And we didn’t get successful like they said we would,” Rodgers said in an interview at the couple’s home in Hallandale Beach, Florida. “You get involved in it, it’s almost like a cult mentality.”

The trial is set for September 2019 if this case isn’t dismissed or settled out-of-court before then.

Fitness Informant’s POV: There are many facets of Herbalife and other multi-level marketing companies we can look at. The main thing we look at here at FI is the quality of these product. They are trash. Simple as that. Why? When you have to pay upward commissions through their recruitment structure, you have to sacrifice product quality to make it for little to nothing and sell it for a bunch to be able to pay the “distributors” and “coaches.”

The plaintiff mention’s it is like a cult-mentality. That’s because they are a cult. Many of the people who “sell” these product know NOTHING about supplementation. A company spokesperson or friend says, “take this, it will help with that,” and the belief system begins. The products are under dosed and are detrimental to your health.

With that said, these lawsuits make me laugh. You, as a “distributor,” are knowingly getting involved in something. Just because someone “promises” you riches, doesn’t mean you should believe it. I do think that the plaintiffs will win, but I wish as a society we would smarten up.

This is what we are here for. We help answer these questions and set the record straight. MLMs sell HOT GARBAGE for products. We will be doing a whole article on MLMs here at FI to help educate you all.

For the record, here is a list of popular MLM companies selling supplements…BEWARE:

Herbalife
    Shakeology
    AdvoCare
    Isagenix
    Thrive
    Level
    For the record, I did know someone that got into Herbalife and did quite well for himself by it. He had a lot of hustle to him, often accompanied by a buxom 'secretary', always closing, or at least trying to close. But he did okay.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The only thing I was doing was advertising my restaurant on social media and offering to make deliveries. For this venture, I even bought VoIP numbers, and as it turned out, not for nothing. In the first days after I bought my ads, people started ordering deliveries from me. The business is starting to grow, and that is a good thing. My verdict is don't spare money on marketing, it will pay off for you anyway.
    Last edited by heavens000; 10-31-2022 at 11:32 AM.

I want to say no. The only people who get rich are the people who start them.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.