Thread: Taijiquan

Taijiquan

Well hello, I thought WingTsun was oriented to real life fights, it is though, but this seems extremely nice too, why is it in the internal arts forum ?
    http://pressurepointfighting.com/pub...aiji_video.htm

I checked those out.. that's nothing internal now is it ? Looks very effective, kinda like WingTsun though.. Could someone PLEASE explain me why this is in the internal arts forum, and what's so different about this MA that it is in here ..
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

but of course

Hello,
    Well since those are my videos I am the best qualified to give you the answer to your question.
    The simple answer is yes those techniques are internal, any technique can be made "internal". These are about a year old, and my form is a bit off, but the idea is correct. Internal simply means the cultivation of Qi and relaxation when fighting, along with proper body mechanics, sensitivity, and manipulation of the center and energy of others by reaction.
    All of the movements are from taijiquan, usually done slow to work out the bugs, but on the clips I try and give you a medium speed demo to show it can be brutally effective. By adding fa-jing (explosive energy) to the movements they will become a blurr, but all of the strikes are fluid and powerfull, and the body will maintain good structure.
    You ask how it is different than wing chun for example, WC uses only bridge sensitivity, while taiji uses whole body sensitivity, WC also does not cultivate Qi to the same degree, nor have the proper mechanics. (not that mine are perfect) , but they are in the making.
    If you have any other questions dont hesitate to drop me an email.. Hopefully I will be updating the clips soon, ive been oversees with the Air Force, this whole war thing is crimping my time ...
    Regards,
    Gary Romel
    www.pressurepointfighting.com
    www.flowingcombat.com

Gary,

I've seen your web page and read some of your articles. Very
    interesting stuff.

How long have you studied Yang Tai Chi? What other arts have
    you studied? I remember reading something about Kempo. Have
    you studied any other Chinese martial arts?

Thanks.
    LU

hello

Thanks,
    Yes I have studied a bit of baguazhang, xing-I, and a bit of tiger claw, ive done about a months worth of shaolin, and hung-gar, but wasnt impressed by the teacher or students.
    regards,
    Gary

PS. new vids, pics and articles soon to be updated (within 2 weeks)
    www.flowingcombat.com