Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martial Arts Videogame

VF4 is definitely not a button masher...I'd say even that it's the least buttong masher you can ever find...with its deep timing, evade and buffer play it's IMPOSSIBLE for a button masher to win against a trained player...not a chance...unlike Dead or Alive in which you can reverse counter about anything even if you never played the game before...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Can't believe noone noticed that the jump suit bruce is wearing in that screen has a big fat ecko logo.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    sounds like GDA doesnt know no nothing bout em video games
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

got DOA3, but those random counters **** me off.... havent been able to find games as good as soul calibur and virtua fighter 3. VF 3 can get hectic when youve both had a few beers, and you're blocking, ducking, evading. i think it's probably the most skill-involving fighting game i've played - how does 4 match up to 3? (its not out in australia yet)

DS - What!?!

There's no way you can win at Tekken Tag as a button-masher. Maybe with Hwoarang ro perhaps the other TKD dude but nowt else.

Especially not against Lei Wulong!

Now VF4 you can win by punching the controller.....
    Forge Virtue and Honor in the hot fire of Hard Work

Expectation is the worst emotional disturbance - Yang Jwing Ming

Whoopin Ass

This is your death....
    Forge Virtue and Honor in the hot fire of Hard Work

Expectation is the worst emotional disturbance - Yang Jwing Ming

Soul Calibur has to be the worst button smasher i've ever played. When i first played the game i was kicking ass all over the place and then when i finally decided to pratice with a character i started losing. Seems like the harder you practice to learn the moves the more you lose to another button smasher. I do fine against the computer even on the difficult setting, but i guess random controller commands are alittle faster than thought out purposeful character movements. Too many simple moves make for a bad game just like moves that no one can pull off.

About your idea ewallace. Make it an RPG, they make way better games. RPG+Fighting game equals gold. No one wants to go ten rounds to fight a repetitive 'endboss' only to get a cheesy ending for ll your efforts.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 06-17-2002 at 08:01 PM.

DOA3 blows all the other fighting games out of the water and you know it!!!
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 06-17-2002 at 08:13 PM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

I thought Soul Calibur was the best game by far - it makes it possible for a button masher to win but a good player should win most of the time.

That's the best goal a game should have - accessible whilst sill being deep.

I've yet to find a game that implemented a decent grappling control system - it's either too easy or too difficult to get a throw/lock off.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Well, i dont know many people who likes a game where a five year old can hand them there arses while not being able to read the movelist or even hold the controller properly or worse yet your mom accidently sits on the controller, pulls off a move and you get blasted across the arena. I sure as hell dont respect a vid like that. So, either it's a button smasher or i suck royally which is completely untrue because i can go ten matches without losing in just about anything else. Soul Calibur is a huge ripoff and i wont love a game just for it's superior graphics.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

ewallace,
    I used to have a fight game for the amiga, I don't remember the name, but it basically had a catalog of moves, and you chose the moves you wanted your guy to do and chose how they were done on the controller.

I could see something like that with what you're talking about, except there would be whole forms, and you could choose the moves from those forms that your fighter used, only they start out with basic ones, and get the experience to master more complex ones as they go.

It would be a pretty cool game, as two tai chi fighters could have completely different moves they rely on, just like actual kung fu.

It would be good as a role playing game. Every time you see another fighter do a move, you get a chance to throw that move into your repertoire, and vice versa(imagine opponents who come back and use your own techniques against you.)
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Women. The game needs to have women. What can make or break your training better than a good (or bad) woman?

As far as games, You people need to try the UFC game. it's a little basic, but it would be imposible for a newbie button masher to get anywhere. there is actually a lot of skill involved in the game. Beating the silver guy at the end is the hardest boss I've ever played.
    I am nothing.

Slightly OT

This came up on the 'Kung Fu' newsfeed this morning. I know, I know, this thread never really took off. I was hoping there were more gamers here, at least one's that might post, as this is a huge market that has always escaped our grasp. So do the Kardashians for that matter, but that's probably just as well.

Kris Jenner Sued For Jacking Kim K. Video Game Idea
    11/4/2015 9:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
    EXCLUSIVE

Kris Jenner and her agent strung along videogame developers just long enough to rip off their ideas and create the cash cow known as "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood" ... according to a new lawsuit.

Kung Fu Factory, the developer, says it was contacted through a rep for the Kardashians in 2011, saying they were interested in creating a Kardashian-themed videogame. According to the suit, obtained by TMZ, Kung Fu says it did the deed ... presenting a proposal for the game to Kris' rep.

Kung Fu says its version was very specific ... including everything from how Kim, Khloe and Kourtney's characters would look, to how the game would be played. However, months went by without any final decision from the Jenner/Kardashian camp ... until Kung Fu finally heard the game talks were "dead."

The videogame jocks say "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood" -- released in 2014 -- has many similarities to their copyrighted proposal.

Kung Fu wants unspecified damages, including profits from the game ... which are huge. Forbes estimated it would haul in $200 mil in its first year alone!

Fun fact: The Jenner/Kardshians have a type (and we don't mean black). Kris' agent mentioned in the suit is named Brian Siegrest -- who sounds like the evil twin of Ryan Seacrest, who of course is executive producer of 'KUWTK.'

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart