Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do u eat all of...

how do u eat all of...

this crap...

no really, how do u eat all of this food in a single day… if you were a dietician how would u recommend someone brak this up during the day???

Don't worry suntzu, it's obviously a joke.

First, what size are these servings?

Second, what time period?

As a serious athlete, you should be looking at 2-3 'servings' of meat and oily fish a week.

Cheese is usually about 60% or more saturated fat. You should really limit this to once a week if you really want to treat yourself, but otherwise you should be avoiding all of the fat groups.

Yes, you do need fat. No, you don't need to worry about getting enough. Getting too much, in most people's diets, is always gonna be the biggest problem.

The carbs at the bottom are fine, if you're not eating over-refined, fatty, highly processed stuff.

Oils vary a lot. Peanut oil is pure poison. Olive oil contains oleaeic acid (useful for conversion of saturated fats into fuel/waste). If it's extra virgin (ie, all of the beneficial content hasn't been refined out of it!).

The longer this post gets, the more I just wanna say: do more research!

The RDAs recommended by various departments of the US (and other) governments are based on isolated chemical reactions in a test-tube, not the extremely complex bundle of biochemical reactions in the human body.

Try Michael Colgan's books as a starting point.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Chinese Medicine

from a CM point of view the diagram is quite laughable.

what would be a good diet from a chinese medicine point of view?

(i do agree the USDA's food pyramid is rather laughable)

peace
    travis
    Travis

structure in motion

remember the 4 food groups… things were much simpler back than… another book, huh … I gotta finish the stack I have now… but I'll see what I can do…

American food pyramid:

Breakfust: Hamburgers, chocolet donut with melted cheese. Beer.

Snack: Happy Meal and a Pepsi
    Snack: lollipop and a ciggarett

Lunch: Pizza, a Taco bell and some white Castles

Snack: chips, peanuts, beer
    Snack: Pie and coffe

Dinner: Stake and ribs. Beer.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

What if you eat more fruits and vegtables than that??
    Toughen my sinews, harden my bones,
    Make my blood flow freely,
    I will then be young forever
    In touch with the realm of goads.

You guys don't even wanna know what I eat

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

wanna try raw sea-urchin or raw crab brain sushi?
    How about fermented soybeans mixed with raw egg?

yum yum

Mat knows what I'm talking about
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

Originally posted by Mat
    Cheese is usually about 60% or more saturated fat. You should really limit this to once a week if you really want to treat yourself, but otherwise you should be avoiding all of the fat groups.

Yes, you do need fat. No, you don't need to worry about getting enough. Getting too much, in most people's diets, is always gonna be the biggest problem.

Peanut oil is pure poison.
    Ok I only listed the things that I had issues with in your post. There isn't anything particularly wrong with cheese, fat is necessary. Saying to avoid all the fat groups is probably the worst dietary advice anyone could possibly give. Do not limit your fat intake. If you wish to diet limit your calories, but not at the cost of fat.

Yes you need to worry about getting enough. Essential fatty acids aren't called essential for fun. Also, by limiting fat intake your body will be predisposed to store fat whenever it gets a chance. That is why most early fad diets were successful for a short period of time but when you stray from these diets you gain all the fat you had originally plus additional fat.

Also, where do you get your info saying peanut oil is pure poison? I'm not a big fan of the USDA but your advice is actually much worse. Feel free to clarify...perhaps I misinterpreted you.

I some what agree with Kristoffer`s idea of the American food chain. Fat people disgust me. People in my circle eat well and train hard, not all Americans are fat bodies. Living in the southern region is tuff, half the battle, diet that is. Florida boy stuck in Tennessee...

Originally posted by ElPietro

Ok I only listed the things that I had issues with in your post.
    Thanks! So kind!

There isn't anything particularly wrong with cheese, fat is necessary. Saying to avoid all the fat groups is probably the worst dietary advice anyone could possibly give. Do not limit your fat intake. If you wish to diet limit your calories, but not at the cost of fat.
    I said fat is necessary. I'm sorry but when I said 'all fat groups', I was taking it that Suntzu would maybe have the sense NOT to eliminate anything called 'essential' from his diet!

Yes you need to worry about getting enough.
    You say 'tomato', I say you don't need ANY saturated fats. Of the 16 essential fatty acids, you can and should manufacture 14 in your body at no detriment to your body's functioning. The other two, linoleic acid, and linolenic acid need to come from external sources. Assuming that Suntzu has done next to no research into nutrition to be asking this question in the first place, I'm also presuming that his diet is bad enough to contain many kinds of fat! But for a studied athlete, you can get all of the linoleic acid you need from a tiny amount of extra-virgin olive oil per fried/sald dressed serving, and all of the linolenic acid you need from cold water fish: like salmon or trout a couple of times a week. I say 'to-mah-to'!

... Also, by limiting fat intake your body will be predisposed to store fat whenever it gets a chance. That is why most early fad diets were successful for a short period of time but when you stray from these diets you gain all the fat you had originally plus additional fat.
    That's a good point. But my considered answer would be: Don't give it the chance.

Also, where do you get your info saying peanut oil is pure poison?
    As it says at the bottom of my post, Michael Colgan. OK so I'm paraphrasing. I studied a lot of animal and human nutrition as part of my degree, and at that time I read Colgan's 'Optimum Sprots Nutrition', and decided that it fit quite nicely with what I was learning and discovering in the lab. Since then, I admit, I don't remember most of my original sources to support Colgan, but I figure he might be able to manage without my support , and I no longer have time to follow my own research! But, please forgive me, I haven't researched his assertion that peanut oil contains the carcinogenic fungus aflatoxin. Must check that out... unless you want to tell me it doesn't...?

I'm not a big fan of the USDA but your advice is actually much worse. Feel free to clarify...perhaps I misinterpreted you.
    Again, thank you ElPietro, for your magnanimity!

Hope it's clear enough for you.

And no, you didn't misinterpret me, but can I suggest that if you're not going to offer any alternative evidence, that you don't need to use such a high-handed manner when I'm trying to suggest that Suntzu does some research...

I don't know Suntzu's desired level of athleticism, so perhaps I should have left the thread well alone, but I thought he might appreciate a research suggestion and a couple of pointers.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Yu shan

what are u talking about..."fat people disgust me"
    Not all ppl are fat because they eat poorly, it has to do with metabolism too. Think before u say things like that next time. some people can eat as healthy as possible, and work out what is considered "enough" and they still aren't able to lose the weight.

Just as you see it...by the way, what MA do you practice? And for your sakes...fat bodies do sicken` me. Are you one Crushingfist? I truly ponder your idea of fat...ness. Tell us what MA you do? I question why KFO allows people to post, when they are cowardly,to telling the populace. DO you actually train in MA? Please share...and I do think...p*ssy!

Re: Yu shan

Originally posted by CrushingFist
    what are u talking about..."fat people disgust me"
    Not all ppl are fat because they eat poorly, it has to do with metabolism too. Think before u say things like that next time. some people can eat as healthy as possible, and work out what is considered "enough" and they still aren't able to lose the weight.
    Then it's obviously not enough! Train more, you fat b@stard!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching