Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeesus christ, I'm going to China tomorrow!

Unhappy Jeesus christ, I'm going to China tomorrow!

This is the trip I've dreamed about for my entire life! Now I'm really nervous... I'll be there for two weeks and we'll be training from 07.00 - 13.00 everyday. We'll mostly train our style, 5 animals but also Pakua from a local Sifu. Oh my God!
    I'm burning a cd right now just for good luck... Kung Lek... Hold me.. (Or Tae Li )
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Goodluck man! Where are you training?
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

ahhhh, what the heck Kris...come ere'

lol, goodluck training

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

have fun

Thank's everyone Scotty, It's in Beijing. We'll be training on the hotel roof and in a big room at the hotel mostly I think.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Thumbs up

swweeet!
    Kris Were You not Expecting this Trip until next Year?

If anyone wants to you could all share your thought on just what the hell I'm supposed to do at the airplane... 8 friggin hours. I have alot of music, some papers and a boring book. This will shape this thread:

Martial artists trix to annoy the people on your airplane? Enjoy

Diego, no man I think it was planned for next year at first but .... It's tomorrow. I've been prepared 4 a long time anyway.

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    If anyone wants to you could all share your thought on just what the hell I'm supposed to do at the airplane... 8 friggin hours. I have alot of music, some papers and a boring book. This will shape this thread:

Martial artists trix to annoy the people on your airplane? Enjoy
    Eh... luck you if it's only 8. When I went it was 15 from Los Angeles to Guangzhou. As far as annoying people on the plane, just be normal. We were considering YiJinJing & Taiji 24 step form but changed our minds. Just bring a book & get ready to nap. Depending on the airline you fly, you might get some nifty Chinese soap operas. I had Unbreakable & Pay It Forward (in English), Tom & Jerry & some Warner Brothers cartoons (In Mandarin... I don't speak Mandarin), and some Chinese soaps.

Just get ready for a long flight & make sure it sit by somebody you: a) know & b) like.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Ok sounds reasonable thx. I was thinking doing forms in the 'hallways', dress up like Bin Laden and scare the stuardess or something. Guess I'll try to sleep as much as possible.

Talking yay!

wow, really!? can i come with ya? we could talk about kempo and why no-one likes it... for 8 hours!

have fun. XX =]
    K

They show at least 2 movies inflight. On my flight to China, the 1st movie was "...Castle??" with Robert Redford which I slept thru. The 2nd one was "Crouching Tiger", and the 3rd was "Shrek".

On the return flight, I was so tired I just slept thru the whole way.

Smile

Desum Brother! (That's descent, awesome and jesum in woodchuck speak) Hope you have a fantastic experience! I'm available if you need a Sherpa. Crossreferencing training materials and writing them down on a notepad always helps me on long trips. (Yeah, I know I'm boring.) Get a more interesting book, preferably not at the airport. Peace, be well, talk to ya when you get back.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Congrats Kris!

Have fun, train hard, see the sites(the 'Great Wall' is a must ), take lots of pictures, bring lots of toilet paper, and above all else bring me back a souvenir.

Good luck man, sounds fun as hell. Tell us about it when you get back.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 06-20-2002 at 09:22 AM.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

Uhhhh....If you dressed up like Bin Laden wouldn't that get your arse kicked?

8 hours isn't bad, it took me 13 to get from chicago to Rio De janerio. The flight there was long because i was excited and couldn't sleep but on the way home I slept the whole way, even through that god awful thing they called dinner.

(Oh and don't sit next to your sifu, I did on the way there and he spilled wine on me 2x)
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/