Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeesus christ, I'm going to China tomorrow!

1. You´re gonna make it !
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Re: Net-less City

Originally posted by Stumblefist
    In a reaction to the event ALL internet bars were closed in Beijing.
    So it may not be able to stay in contact with anyone through the net for a while.
    not ALL are closed. there are still about 200 open in Beijing. anyway, there's a good chance you can talk some college kid into letting you use his/hers if you happen to run into some.

Thumbs up

Wow! Thank's for all responses guys!
    Sifu is meeting us there so no worry about anyone spilling wine (except myself ). We have a little time off from training where we'll see the ming graves, the wall, watch peking opera, eat peking duck and visit some temples like the summer palace. I'm mostly excited about testing out some Pakua.

Stumblefist, yeah I've heard about that. I've been tampering with some mobile phone company's and with my celluar phone. I'm trying to make it do some cool stuff, like being able to sms totally free. So I can let my family know Im ok and such. I'm doing the last changes tomorow.

Anyway, thx alot! I promise to start a new thread about my trip when I get back If anyone cares that is LoL. Maybe I can post some pics afterwards.

Have a nice holiday!
    Peace
    //~K~
    Last edited by Kristoffer; 06-20-2002 at 11:43 AM.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

chingei, Maybe so.. But I've also heard that most of those internet cafe's are illegal. And frankly, I'm a bit scared of Chinese police so I don't wanna take any chances.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

LOL

grats bro
    Forge Virtue and Honor in the hot fire of Hard Work

Expectation is the worst emotional disturbance - Yang Jwing Ming

Eight hours is not that bad a leg. Clothe yourself very comfortable, sleep, don`t drink alcohol, lot`s of water at high altitudes. Pack some Imodium-AD, you`ll be eating at good restaurants, I`m sure, trust me on this one. Have a great trip!

Exclamation

Ok...
    Well, I'm off to the arirport now I'll be thinking of KFO when I climb the wall!
    Have a great holliday everyone, and don't start any trouble here when I'm not around

~Thank You~
    Bye

I think he's going to have a great time.
    '"4 ounces deflect 1000 pounds" represents a skill potential, if you stand in front of a 1000 pound charging bull and apply four ounces of deflection, well, you get the picture..' - Tai Chi Bob

"My car has a lot of parts in there that I don't know about, don't know what they're called, haven't seen them and wouldn't know what they were if someone pointed them out to me .... doesn't mean they're not in there." - Evolution Fist

An adventure indeed.
    "We are not the first/
    who, with best meaning/
    have incurr'd the worst"

King Lear

Thumbs up

HI everyone Yes, I am back. Im sorry I havn't had the time to start a thread about my trip yet. I was planning to but I didn't know where to begin since theres like a ton of writing to do. Also my 'civil' life has been very difficult with a few tragedies lately so it has been a little rough.

The trip was THE greatest trip in my life! It totaly changed my view on martial arts, culture and life itself. 'Experience overload' would describe it best = )

I'm a bit busy tonight but I'll try to come and start a new thread about my trip, tellin you guys everything. Thanks for showing interest

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    If anyone wants to you could all share your thought on just what the hell I'm supposed to do at the airplane... 8 friggin hours. I have alot of music, some papers and a boring book. This will shape this thread:

Martial artists trix to annoy the people on your airplane? Enjoy
    8 hours? 8 hours in delays if your lucky. Plus about 15 hours from canada. 8 hours if you live in japan. Maybe.

Please dont tell me your travel agent works out of a bus station.
    --
    Mountweazel (n.) the phenomenon of false entries within dictionaries and works of reference. Often used as a safeguard against copyright infringement. The Liar's Dictionary by Eley Williams

Thumbs up

The 8 hours shouldn't be that bad.I was on a plane for 14 hours one time to get from california to sydney and about an hour later I had to get on another plane for 3 hours to get to cairnes.I mostly slept throuh it.

One other thing,whatever you do, don't, I repeat DON'T eat the food they give you.It is really bad.They gave me "ravioli"(sp) which wasn't filled with meat but spinach.I only took two bites before I realized what it was.5 hours later I was chewing up mylanta gelcaps(didn't have any water at the small airport we landed at)which is not very fun.