Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have been honored by COMBAT Magazine

qimaster Guest

I have been honored by COMBAT Magazine

Last night, 6 october 2001, I was honored by Combat Magazine, and inducted into the 2nd Combat Hall of Fame Awards. I was given an award for the
    dedication and promotion of Martial Arts in the UK and Worldwide.

the gala event was a formal, and was attended by at least 1000 people from all over UK and Europe. I was conspicuously present as the only
    American. The ceremony kicked off with a one minute of silence to commemorate the victims of the WTC 9/11 Terrorist Attack.

I was truly shocked and honored to be recognized for my work in UK and Europe, and had not expected this honor. A very bright night
    indeed:)

yesterday, before the ceremony, I was at the RAF base in Cosford where I had the pleasure of attending the annual general meeting of
    the Royal Air Force Martial Arts Association, and since I am retired army, and also a retired member of NATO forces (USA is a part of
    NATO), I have been inducted as a member of the prestigious organization. My school is close to sheppard air force base, a big nato training facility, and now my school is open to all members of the Royal Air Force Martial Arts Association who find themselves at Sheppard for pilot training. Further action is taking place to create a Combined Services Martial Arts Association, which will include all British armed services. I am proud to play a role in this
    organization, and I feel that it relects great credit upon the DSI, international martial arts and martial artist relations, and of course, myself in whatever role I can play in the promotion of the ideals of the association.

I will keep you all informed:)

rich mooney

TaoBoxer Guest
    Is there anything sadder than being your own cheerleader?

gazza99 Guest

Keep up the good work Rich..

Hope things are going well...
    kind regards,
    Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
    www.pressurepointfighting.com

SifuAbel Guest
    yes, those that like to pee on other peoples joy.

congrats, qiman.

Are you immortal?
    sifuabel@yahoo.com

fiercest tiger Guest

congrats mate!

thats great buddy.

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Nutt'nhunny Guest
    Good

I agree rude dog.

Your dweeb,

Honeysmacks

TaoBoxer Guest
    Training hard and being successfull is great....but to get up in front of a room and go "****, I'm cool!!" Neh....thats low.

DrunkenMonkey Guest
    No, thats just some self-appreciation. You don't have to be humble all the time, and you're being a total hypocrite because no one under heaven has ever not praised themselves in one way or another.

You stupid *******.

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

Silumkid Guest
    Self-aggrandizement comes in many forms, one of the most common is saying or inferring "I would never do that because I am above it".

Pointing it out is another one, so yes, I too am guilty.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

TaoBoxer Guest
    Stupid *******? hmm..... Is this a race to the botton or what?

Just the kind of person I'd want running to my defense.........

JasBourne Guest
    "qimaster"... hmmm... I think I remember you. You came in here trolling a few months ago, saying all this stuff about your incredible mystic *cough*bullpucky*cough* chi power... quite a flap you caused...

Yup, here it is, the thread was called Qimaster's site- even more garbage than the Gary site.

Daniel Madar Guest

hmm

I didn't realize that posting to this board constituted writing an article. I'm going to have to add that to my writing credits too. I'm still looking for the mention of him in Wong Kiew Kit's Tai Chi book.

Merciless is Mercy.

kwokfist Guest
    taoboxer ************, you are still my main *****, and you don't know what the f* you're talking about you little ****-smacking *****.

I want this god **** account closed.

[This message was edited by Kung Lek on 10-07-01 at 08:22 PM.]

JasBourne Guest
    kwokfist, take that crap out of this forum. If you wanna drop your drawers in public, go hang with the little boys at Otherground. KFO don't play that.

gfhegel21 Guest
    I note that qimaster has removed those "awesome" clips from his site. At first, I at least gave him credit for opening his dubious skills to some degree of public scrutiny.

Now he doesn't even merit that minimal degree of credit. I guess the hilarity of the videos just became too overwhelming to bear.