Thread: Visiting Taoist Grand Master Zhang

Visiting Taoist Grand Master Zhang

Grand Master Yuan Ming Zhang:
    Master Zhang will be returning to Alaska for 5 days of workshops, August 28 - Sept. 1.

Master Zhang, born and raised in a Taoist mountain environment near Tibet, is known for his highly mystical and healing meditation and qigong work.

He will be going deeply into the spiritual side of Traditional Taoist Medical QiGong, presenting healing qigong forms for chronic illness and cancer, and teaching the internal martial art Hsing-Yi as it applies to Taiji.

In addition Master Zhang will permit a limited number of private healing sessions. Watch for workshop details. Also see his website at: http://www.qigongmaster.com

----

Does anyone have any experience with Master Zhang? Thoughts, Comments, Insights?

Blog Entries
    Hmmm....looks a bit suspicious although I don't really know anything about this dude.

We receive our lineage from the Zhang family descendants back to the time of Lao Tzu. Grandmaster Zhang is a descendant of Zhang Dao Li, who is said to have begun religious Taoism, and who began the teachings of monastic martial arts at Mt. Qingcheng. The teachings were passed down through succesive generations in the family to Zhang San Feng, who coordinated many of the movements and techniques into forms and styles. This tradition was passed down through the family to Grandmaster Zhang's Great Grandfather, who taught Grandmaster Zhang beginning at the age of three. Among Grandmaster Zhang's teachers are Yin Yi, Li Ziming, Zhong Fang Han, and Zhang Wenguang. Grandmaster Zhang's entire life has been committed to the Internal Martial Arts and Traditional Chinese Medicine. The area where Grandmaster Zhang grew up is a hotbed of martial artists and masters. He has learned from many of these masters and some of them come to our Center at Mt. Qingcheng to continue to teach Grandmaster Zhang and his students.
    The weird thing is that Zhang San Feng is a mythical folk character. He is existence is not even certain. It would be like claiming to be a descendant of Guan Yu (aka Guan Gung) (who historians are pretty sure was a real person.) I don't think anyone with the last name Guan is claiming to be his great, great,etc. grandson.
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 06-21-2002 at 12:17 PM.

Master Zhang seems like an OK guy.

He's not my style of martial artist, and I wouldn't connect with him. But he does have considerable ability of his own in MY eyes.

He seems to be a very yin type of man with a thin frame and a high voice. His kung fu reflects this, though I admire his attention to detail. I personally consider Master Zhang more of a teacher/facilitator than an actual hardcore fighter of the arts (which he clearly is not).

It all depends on what one wants out of him, I guess. I'm in perfect health and have my own methods of keeping myself so, but I would love to meet him personally one day just to experience him in person.

Blog Entries
    LOL Wujidude!!! May the Schwartz be with you.....