Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is MMA real?

Is MMA real?

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...threadid=10687

i got this from the above link, so what do u guys think?
    Joe

Could be true

Hey, Hackney had Gracies foot IN HIS HAND and was set for a crippling, fight ending ankle lock that Gracie would NEVER have been able to escape, withou a broken ankel that is, yet he just sat there like a Dummb ass.

When asked about it, he said he was "Tired" and didn't think about doing it. I find that hard to believe, especially considering the caliber fighter Hackney is.

If the Fix wasn't in on that one, Hackney was drugged, one of the two.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

LOL.....ah

Yes, MMA is real. Some of the Pride shows have unfortunately had "fixed" fights. But the majority of what you see is not staged at all, and each fighter fights full contact to beat the other.

Kids are funny.

Is judo real??

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

yes true it is not REAL FIGHTING which happens in the street. in the Street there is not soft Mat nor little Gloves nor no Groin shots nor Royce GRACIE (j/k LOL)

also I think the FORUM on that site is Correcty. Msot MMA is a pretend fight they Actually LIKE each other (you can see them shake hands and be friends after - WTF???????) it is Unrealistic to Shake hands with an opponent who YOU REALLY WANT TO HURT> the only True fighting is CHINESE STYLE STREET FIGHTING!!! HAVE YOU HEARD OF TRADITIONAL CVHALLERNGE MATCHES???? that's where you Find out whos good anmd BAD!

ALSO you can tell

FOR EXAMPLE

in Amatuer MMA they are not REally fighitng they ARE often too little. I think Maybe they WOULD DIE IF THEY DID. PLUS some JIUJITSU tournaments are a little CRAZy---Hmmm....SUSPICIOUS ANYONE?

SUSPICIOUS ANYONE?
    Yeah, I'm suspicious about why you type and express yourself like an adolescent after a claimed 20 years in MA learning from books and tapes.

you can see them shake hands and be friends after - WTF???
    It's sportfighting, mate. Grow up. Even Mike Tyson is respectful of his (decent) opponents afterwards.

BTW how many of these Chinese challenge matches have you been in? How did the place you were in when you fought handle getting public liability insurance afterwards? Were the hospital bills covered by private health insurance? Who buried the bodies of the vanquished?

Oh, and what's that crap on your "website" about your "master" defeating William Cheung? Was it in a "Chinese Challenge Match" when they were trying to kill each other? Where's the PROOF?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Yeah its real

I had two guys from my school fight in the last NHB event here in Texas. It was a Renegades Xtreme Fighting tournie. Its a local thing put on by a Houston area school owner.

One of our guys won, the other lost. And yes it's quite real. There were rules, no spinal attacks, fist to the body-open hand to head, no elbows etc. Stuff just to keep people alive ya know. As for people shaking hands after, its just proper to do so. Most of the fighters actually went to each others corners to talk and shake hands with the opponets cornerman/teacher. Overall, I think MMA gets a bad rap on the respect game. Some people are like "Oh they're ****y, they're *****s" etc. Some of them are granted. Others like Tito Ortiz, who I met at Renegades, was the most calm composed, soft spoken and respectful person I've met.

One last thing, this is how it was explained to me. There are two sides to MMA.

1. Self defense
    2. NHB tournie(like Renegades,Pride, UFC etc.)

NHB tournie is not real NHB, self defense is REAL NHB. You understand what I mean. In a tournie I may get an armbar, but I'll let the guy tap out, on the street I break his arm then jump up and down on his chest. I'm kinda rowdy like that....

Later

I realise this question is posed as a joke.Go watch some NHB live and judge for yourself.
    Would you ask your men to carry a weapon that was “theorized” to work but had never been field tested to meet the high demands of modern day special operations? Of course not! Then why should we “assume” that the stunts and routines that are taught in most unarmed combative courses will work for real? The fact of the matter is that most of these courses, regardless of their many colorful origins, offer techniques that have not been “battle tested” against aggressive, non-compliant individuals.

Could someone tell me what MMA is ? Mixed Martial Arts or something ?
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

Anerlich and KF Boy opkay maybe i Take your point about Shaking hands. its like Bowing in Temple Boxing and other KF styles, RIGHT? just a Sign of Respect (important). Maybe they aren't Friends or whatever.

i have Not been in Chinese Challenges because Iam still studying. Not a Sifu. there Is a History of many challenge matches in Chinese times - you cann look it up! MAny others on this Board will know about this too!

i dont know what is about William Cheung on your website I have checked and its not there. (in Fact from your other point isn't William Cheung in many Hong Kong Chinese Challenges?)

PS About my Typing I know I am not good at writing on Here (mostly don't use internet, e-mail etcx until recently) but I can express Myself better in words. Just becaue someone's not the Best at WRITING doesn't mean they're dumb or Young.

Great stuff from N.A.M.A.T web site

*The student will learn many attacks from Thom Nelson's secret fighting position, "the ward" which involves using the legs from underneasth to control an opponent on the ground (This secret to NAMAT Temple Boxing, possibly stolen by and renamed by Carlos Gracies Seniors).

*Many hidden techniques to destroy wrestlers, such as "fireman's carry with punch", "double leg takedown with kick", and "phoenix eye fist to groin". These cannot be defended.

*Many hints and secrets

*How to defeat and neutralise even world champion boxers and kickboxers using techniques known only to Thom Nelson, including the twist and punch, the duck then kick, and the spinning duck then kick.

*Make mincemeat of the other famous "Martial Arts". For instance. Defeat the muay thai fighter's leg check by kicking the exposed shin. Defeat boxers using kicks and defeat wrestlers with secrets ...... YOU WILL BE SHOWN HOW!

*Fighting and self defense for women, weaklings and children. You don't have to be good to be good at fighting!

*Fighting against many (five) oponents and different abled opponents with weapons including knive throw into foreheads and double punch triple kick.

Order it!!!

Or this:

NAMAT was created by Sifu Thom Nelson after years of attempts to perfect the ultimate fighting temple. Beginning his fighting career in 1973 at the age of three, Sifu Nelson watched Kung Fu on television. Inspiration struck! He began training with Sifu Lee Richard in Wing Chun Gong Fu and before he was the age of 10 he had achieved disciple status. At the age of fifteen, Sifu Nelson realized that there was more to the martial tapestry than Wing Chun Kung Fu and began training in Judo with Judo Champ. Many other trainings follow: in 1985, the year of "Back to the FUture", Sifu Nelson was taking his own journey (not to the future) to Thailand. There he trained at the prestigious lumpyknee muay thai camp for seven months. At the end of his time there, he defeated all fellow students and instructors one after another in his blackbelt test, the quickest it had ever been done, and was thus awarded the World Muay Thai Heavyweight Championship despite weighing only 60kg!! In 1989 a pilgrimage to Japan was in the books for Nelson. He went to Japan. There he learned many martial arts of Karate (Shotokan, Kyokushin, Kando, Kenpo) and ninjas (ninjutsu, ninjitsu) and some brief visits with a mighty sumo.

The you have the obiquatory "Mystery Master in the Park" story:

It is clear from this that Sifu Nelson was the greatest martiAAL artist of his day. But one thing was lacking. One day he walked past a park with an old Asian guy in it. The Asian guy was doing some kind of weird kata waving his arms about - the energy was visible flowing into the trees and flowers. Sifu Nelson went "Holy Cow! I have to learn that!". At first, Sifu Nelson just wanted to know the energy movements as a mystical trick - he thought that this little Asian guy would be easy to beat up. He challenged the Asian dude to a fight. If Nelson won, he would be taught the secret. If the Asian guy won he would get fifty $$$$$. The Asian guy neautralized all of Nelsons mad skills. Judo? No. Muay Thai? Useless. Lethal Wing Chun Kong Fu? Crap. .......Suffice it to say, that Asian guy was fifty $$$$$ bucks richer after beating the crap out of Sifu Nelson (but Sifu Nelson is not a weakling). Because Sifu Nelson had shown such skill in fighting, though, Peter Zhang decided to teach him his old tricks anyway. It turned out that Asian guy was Peter Zhang. Peter Zhang is the last surviving inheritor of Chinese style animal kung fu. He received the knowledge from his friend, Fred Cho (he is dead). No one else understands its secrets. Soon in 1995 Peter Zhang Died, leaving Sifu Nelson as the sole inheritor of the legendary Chi Powers of the Orient. Now we can see that Sir Thom has many secret knowledges for his temple that others do not even begin to understand. This is why he is the best.

In 1997 Sir Thom decided that it was simply not enough for him to use his secret many martial arts and animal kung fu knowledge simply for his own benefit, fighting crime, fitness, health, secret missions etc. He decided he would set up the temple so that Peter Zhangs death would not be in vein. He set up the temple. This temple was so he could be teaching many students the myseries which would otherwise be lost forever. So he made it so anyone, young or old, Asian or black, girl or man could join and learn the many mysteries of the Orient, this way they can be passed down by dedication forever into the future (Back to the Future????)!!!!

Our Lineage (structure of teachings and passing down secrets). This describes who learned what from which Kung Fu masters. The lineage is the key to our secret knowledge and how we have defeated many weaklings, rivals and enemies including Grand Master Johnny Chow.

Some of our achievements are defeating Shaolin Monks in ultimate combat championship; our master has never lost a battle (even against many famous Kung Fu masters including Grand Master Johnny Chow); Bruce Lee has said that NAMAT is "the greatest Martial Arts Temple in the world, with the best teachings and secrets."

Don't forget list of super famous people

FAMOUS PEOPLE. Many celebrities are graduated from NAMAT. Sarah Michelle Gellar ("Buffy" - famous vampire slayer). Chuck Norris as well as Sammo Hung and Jackie Chan. The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin are both accredited teachrs of NAMAT American Temple Boxing
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Re: Yeah its real

Originally posted by Kungfu boy

were rules, no spinal attacks, fist to the body-open hand to head,
    What's up with them open hands attacks ****ed lol, could someone PLEASE tell me what's so friggin lethal about them ? I never considered using them in real life ... please explain !

[namat website]
    You can learn these secret special moves by training in NAMAT! These are some of the techniques that Thom Nelson "The Fighting Knight" can teach to his students, as well as the rank that is required to achieve these secret techniques.

Technique: Spider Chi Grip
    Description: The Spider Chi Grip places the victim in a web of chi which prevents them from escaping and drain's their energy, rendering them helpless. Thom Nelson developed this technique himself from observing the patterns of the spider as it spins it's deadly web, this technique may have inspired the movies "Crouchg Tiger Hidden Dragon" and "The Matrix".
    Requirement: 19-24 years of training.

Technique: Slow Bear Blow
    Description: This technique is based on the movement of the bear. It reaches incredible force with very slow movements so this explains how the noble bear can decapitate a measly child with one blow of it's paw. This technique was developed by the mysterious Peter Zhang and can be seen in one episode of the TV Show "Law and Order".
    Requirement: 10 years of training as well as a pilgrimage to New York (mysterious reasons).

Technique: Tap Shatter
    Description: This incredible "death touch" technique is known only by one man (Nelson) as it is passed on to the student by the master only when he feel's Death is iminent. It allows the attacker to completely disingrate the victims bones with a quick tap, i.e. shatter the knee, all it takes is one tap and the victim is down for the count. It is rumored that this technique was used to kill Rasputin.
    Requirement: ????
    [/end namat website]

Uhm ? :/

looks like we have a replacement for Shaolin Do?

Yes, maybe?

For the Women:

+ = & a

please stop Plagiarising from myt Sifus website we Have already had a Discussion about this Which was deleted because of BLATANT PREJUDICE against NAMAT by some members of This forum. i will Not attack anyone ELSEs Style or Lineage and am just here for technical DISCUSSION NOT FOR ARGUING so please Show me Some respect and Respond to what I write on here NOT what you see on the Website unless you are being CONSTRUCTIVE. WE HAVE ALREADY GONE OVER THIS SEVERAL TIMES I DONT TEASE YOU ABOUT YOUR STYLE SO DONT TEASE ME ABOUT MINE ITS GETTING BORING AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK WITHOUT KNOWING THE BACKGROUND>

Well, "Unstoppable", the website was created by you... not some mysterious "web designer".

In the other thread you gave your imaginary Sifu's email link... but in the guestbook you use the same email address when you signed it yourself. Not to mention that your "Sifu", nor you have replied to any emails.

The site is very obviously a joke... and I applaud you for it. I laughed a lot... especially when I saw the "updates".

Good work, man

Hau Tien