Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loving Wing Chun

Ahhhhh.... how one's true nature eventually surfaces.

Obsessive/compulsive?
    Love is the answer.

red5

something to think about:

its obvious you think extremely highly of your sifu; its also good to have an empty cup when he tries to teach you

your zeal helps this out quite a bit, and will help your wing chun indeed

however in this idolatry there is a flaw

my sifu has always said "why do you want to be like me? why do you want to be like sigung? you can be better than that"

in your thinking that your sifu is the best, your only limiting your wing chun growth - you can be better

peace
    travis
    Travis

structure in motion

gnugear

I agree that AD adds nothing of value to this forum.

------------------------------

C'mon gnugear-be fair-this is not about lineage loyalty.
    Calm down folks-its onlya list- still a better one than the VTAA or
    rec.ma.
    Long live the difference.

gnugear
    I agree that AD adds nothing of value to this forum.

------------------------------

C'mon gnugear-be fair-this is not about lineage loyalty.
    Calm down folks-its onlya list- still a better one than the VTAA or
    rec.ma.
    Long live the difference.

5. Time's Up

Well my challenge went unheeded so I shall do as I please, I suppose.

I made this remark to RedAhole in a private message a few days ago after his kind invitation to fly me to "the seminar" but I have few qualms about repeating it here since he didn't get it and, moreover, because I think it applies to more than just his special self:

ANYONE can go to class with a notepad, rush home and write it all down online to show the world just how "much" he knows about Wing Chun -- and, it isn't plagarism if you continually, ad nauseum, acredit your instructor for making you so knowledgable. Of course, you may be giving away for free proprietary wisdom that has taken years of effort and consideration to develop with a couple of keystrokes but hey, what's more important?

Looking/sounding good and being good, however, aren't the same: a head full of words doesn't make one's hands skilled. Only time and patience will do that.

"Oh but I also train 6 hours a day and <blah blah> so you see? I am better than you!"

AD - I am not going to stop posting here. I am also not going to fight with you any longer. Yesterday you made comments and took it too far as far as I am concerned, I pm'ed you a freindly offer to come and see what it is I am talking about and was met with sarcasm, fowl language and disrespect. this upset me because as you said, anyone can get on here an type anything they have heard, or read , or taken notes on. Fortunately I have always been open with anyone on my background, and honest enough to invite people out to meet me and see what it is I am learning.
    You and I had a disagreement almost right away when you got on this board, but it was worked out and we both apologized. Later I decided it was best to leave it alone. I do not take slights to my person lightly, much less the things I hold dear or am dedicated to. Humor is one thing but humor at someone elses expense is not funny to me.
    I am going to apologize to you for loosing my temper. My invitation to you still stands, to come up and see what it is I am learning, in a freindly manner and no ill intentions. This is not the place to fight and not the place to slander or toss threats. I apologize for any of this. You and I may not agree on things but there is no reason why we cant reside in the same forum peacefully.

alpha doggydog

go dog, go dog, go dog, go dog, go dog!!!

GOOD DOGGY!!!

originaly detroit....between west virginia and ohio

Talking bwahahahahahah!!!!

" ive never seen a man eat so many chicken wings"
    "fame is fleeting, while obscurity is eternal"...napolean

"this than is a sign of a true man, standing steadfast in the face of oppresion"..beethoven

9. Too Far?

I thought I showed great restraint, and sparkling wit as well I might add.

Just because others don't want to get into a "I know more than you, I am more dedicated than you, I am more insightful/blessed/privileged than you" debate with you doesn't make you spokesman by default for anything related to Wing Chun. Many others have tried to suggest this point as well, R5A: this is not a "me against you" sorta thing. You don't listen.

If Carl wants to talk Wing Chun, by all means show him how to register on this board and let him come out and chat for himself. I'd love to hear a peep outa the guy for once, instead of hearing it from all "the Krishnas at the airport."

We see what we want to see AD. I have always invited conversation, but am not interested in an all out verbal brawl, its not necessary. I have pointed out in the past, and will point out again, that if I post something not interesting to you why bother posting at all back? If I post something you dont like, why not clarify? I see a lot of assumption taking place on this board all the time, and instead of pursuing conversation it seems some people are more interested in pursuing arguments based on personal subjects and not on the technical. Regardless of the nature of the way I post and the nature of some of the replies I recieve, I have recieved quite a few good questions and debates. Its too bad that not everyone feels they can discuss something freely without resorting to taunting and name calling and man of the other things that we are supposed ot grow out of. I really dont care if you arent interested in what I am learning, or who I am learning from. Some people are and its nice to discuss with them.
    As for humor I am sure some appreciated it. I didnt but my reaction was out of line and I dont have a problem apologizing. Regardless you can continue to make jabs and share your humor but I have washed my hands of arguing with you my friend. Again I apologize for any slight I may have caused, to anyone, and for my behaviour, it was uncalled for. I lost sight of the fact that my training is the most important thing and that the internet, albeit a place to share knowledge can get the best of us and draw out the worst behaviour.
    Last edited by red5angel; 06-25-2002 at 02:57 PM.

11. More words.... but still no hearing at your end.

I am done. Don't reply to me, either here or via private message. You are boring.

Thumbs down

For obvious resons, this thread is now closed.
    Thanks!
    Sandman[Wing Chun]

"Learning is not compulsory ... neither is survival."

-W. Edwards Derning

A thought on Civil Discourse:

“Democracy is a means of living together despite our differences. Democratic deliberation is an alternative to physical violence. It is predicated on the assumption that it’s possible to disagree agreeably, that it’s better to laugh than cry, that one can vigorously contest the positions of one’s adversary without questioning his or her personal integrity or motivation, and that parties to a debate are entitled to the presumption that their views are legitimate if not correct.” -Thomas Mann