Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody know of any Fukien White Crane books besides Dr.Yangs

FIRE HAWK Guest

Anybody know of any Fukien White Crane books besides Dr.Yangs

Anybody know of any Fukien White Crane books besides Dr.Yangs

Crimson Phoenix Guest
    I think there was a Canadian guy named Lorne Bernard who wrote a book on Fukien white crane but I don't know how to get it...
    You can try to search for "Lorne Bernard", you could end up on his site where he shows what he does and mentions the book...

ngokfei Guest
    Lorne's book is excellent for actual techniques and the like. Yang's book is a great theory and principla book.

I heard that Sifu Bernard was puting out a 2nd book, is it out yet and where can It be found.

eric Hargrove
    ngokfei@juno.com

Crimson Phoenix Guest
    A second book??
    Wow, I'd definitely be very interested in getting it...the first one too...

FIRE HAWK Guest

Crimson Phoenix i know a few places to get the first book

http:/www.aei.ca/~straycat/kungfu/book.html

FIRE HAWK Guest
    Go to Google and type in Fukien White Crane or Loren Bernard and his book and a bunch of places where to get the book should come up .i know of three places to get the book one is the Bamboo Temple Shaolin Brand they have his book also try Amazon.com .For some reason my computer is not letting me post websites that work.

Ming Fai Guest

Well, there's this Chinese book...

A few years ago when I was in Hongkong I bought this book in Chinese called "The Feeding Crane Style of Fujian White Crane". It is written by a Taiwanese master called Liu Yinshan. I'm planning to translate this book into English but because (according to the bibliography of White Crane Qigong) Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming already used the contents in his White Crane book and Patrick McCarthy also used the book for his Bubishi, I'm not sure if I'm gonna translate it or not. Dr. Yang and McCarthy are true experts, I don't think I can reveal something new and interesting by translating "Feeding Crane".

FIRE HAWK Guest

Ming Fai

Translate the book and see if Tuttle Publishing books will publish the book and put it out on the market of new books.They dont have any books out on Fukien White Crane nor is there that many books in english out on Fukien White Crane i think that the book would be a big sucses or a big hit alot of people would probably love to buy and have this book in english on Fukien Southern White Crane.

Ming Fai Guest

Thanx

Thanks for the encouragement, Fire Hawk!

I'll think about it, I'm translating alot of stuff lately, hope I will do something with White Crane in the near future. But Tuttle? That's high quality stuff, not everyone can have the honour to work with this great publisher. But I'll try to do my best.

PEACE

Tsuruken Guest

Ming Fai

Hello,

I beleive that I have a copy of the book on Shihequan (Feeding Crane) you mentioned. Is your copy in Japanese?

I also have a very, very good book in Chinese entitled "Fujian Nanquan Congshu Hequan" which illustrates a large number of techniques, history and forms. Is anyone out there able to do translations? If so. please let me know and I will scan copies of the pages out of the book and send them to you.

I am interested in linking up with anyone who has an interest in Crane-Fist of China and Okinawa and in sharing resources and research material (written, video etc) on same.

I welcome all replies.

Regards,

Ron Goninan - Chairman
    Okinawa Butoryu Gohokan
    Australia

E-mail: tsuruken@austarnet.com.au
    Web Site: http://butoryu.freewebsites.com/

Ming Fai Guest

Dear Ron

The book I bought is in Chinese. I mail you about it OK?

FIRE HAWK Guest

Ming Fai and Ron

Man You guys are lucky to be able to read Chinese and Japanese.I have a Choy Mok book that is in one of the Chinese languages that i wish i could read.

FIRE HAWK Guest

Ron Goninan try this website

tnwingtsun Guest

Does anyone know

if there is an English version of "Evergreen"?,
    I belive thats the title of the book.
    Its theme is the period of the Shaolin Temple burning,the five elders and their students,I have heard(like so many books written about that time) that its fiction,at anyrate,it should be a interesting read.

Self-Thinking Follower Guest

So Sorry!

"Yek Sing Ong is not currently teaching the White Crane system. Sorry, but we don't sell any videos, books or diagrams relating to the system".

[This message was edited by Self-Thinking Follower on 06-27-01 at 05:26 PM.]