Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anybody know of any Fukien White Crane books besides Dr.Yangs

tnwingtsun Guest

Thanks FIREHAWK

I'll be waiting ;)

FIRE HAWK Guest

tnwingtsun

If you have a copy of Robert Chus and Rene Ritchies book Complete Wing Chun go to page 111 and read it here is what some of it says.
    It should be noted,however,that during the Qing dynasty,martial art pulp novels(romanticized soap opera like stories )were already in circulation and some ,like Wan Nian Qing(Ten Thousand Years Green)contained highly dramatized accounts of the Five Elders turning on ,and eventually killing, each other.
    I will try to find more information on this book and its author i think i reed somwhere that this book was written in the 1700s somwhere during that century and that the tails of the Five Elders were popular at that time let me check on this.

FIRE HAWK Guest

tnwingtsun

I said that the book was called one Thousand Years Green that is not correct it is called Ten Thousand Years Green.

tnwingtsun Guest
    Thanks FIREHAWK,if you ever find out where to get a english translation let me know.

Hiram Guest
    There's an article scheduled to come out in October's IKF magazine. Its titled "Fukien White Crane: Can the art be saved?" by S.L. Martin
    I've never heard of him, but anyone interested in Fukien White Crane should check it out. It sounds like it might be interesting.

irontiger Guest

white crane material

hey!
    there are some materials on white crane one of them is available in english!this is a video
    on the "feeding crane kung fu " and its available
    thru tsunami video a japanese production company
    this is a great video on the subject. also the books mentioned on fujianese white crane can be purchased at most chinese bookstores!
    later :eek:

irontiger Guest

white crane materials

hey!
    theres white crane materials out there
    you just gotta look around.although most of it is
    chinese there are some materials in english
    on the subject 1-white crane gung fu by M.STAPLES
    2-FEEDING CRANE GUNG FU VIDEO. AND MORE
    PEACE :cool: null