Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jason de lucia

Originally posted by Merryprankster
    www.sherdog.com

Use the fight finder. You should just have to type in his name.

Funny--Jason is getting the same flak on this thread from some people that Shooter's Tai Chi gets from some of the Tai Chi guys.

Seems odd to me.
    Its a little different. People had a lot more info on shooter than we have on jason. The only info we have on jason is through his website which has a different 5 animals than the well known 5 animals. Whereas shooter posted on his knowledge of tai chi through things like the 5 positional strategy or whatever its called. I think you could compare the 2 if shooter mentioned something like taichis 3 positional strategy or something.

The reason i mentioned that it doesnt discuss lineage is that kungfu sites often discuss lineage and it would indicate if he actually knew or didnt know 5 animals. Lineage isnt an indicator of skill at all it just indicates whether or not someone knows a system. I could be the greatest fighter in the world but that wouldnt mean i could call myself grandmaster of say tai chi if i didnt know tai chi. Thats basically why i mentioned lineage.

I do however think its pretty stupid to try to judge whether or not jason knows 5 animals from looking at some poses he was in. So far the only proof that jason doesnt actually do 5 animals is that he lists a different 5 animals.

I sent an email to jason on this topic so we probably will know soon.
    Last edited by Le nOObi; 06-26-2002 at 04:14 PM.

Originally posted by LEGEND
    Jason proved himself in MMA...
    I guess he needs to prove himself to CMA.
    I have met several 5 animal guys and can say that they are great standup fighters. I assume Jason is one also having seen several of his PANCRASE fights.
    This thread doesnt have to do with whether or not jason is a skilled fighter he obviously is! he is does have 32 wins and only 19 losses. This thread is about whether he ever learned 5 animals kungfu.

Stacey Guest
    oh, well in that case, yeah its kempo.

makes me wonder though. Chinese arts that went to Japan started to take on a Japanese flavor. I wonder if they do the same thing in the US and other countries overseas from china.

Le nOObi--

What I find odd is that both of these guys are getting flak. I'm not knocking anybody.

And Lineage is highly overrated.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by Merryprankster

And Lineage is highly overrated.
    When im talking about that his site doesnt talk about lineage/ a kungfu site should im not saying if you come from a "better" lineage you are better im just saying the only way we can know that someone learned a style is if they say who they learned it from. I mean i wouldnt really need to know who jason learned kungfu from except that his site has what seems to be incorrect info on 5 animals.

I think a lot of the cma crowd gets to hung up on lineage.

An example, a kid learns a system of gung fu from a neighbor who he mows the lawn for and they become friends, lets say the kung fu is a system of fu jow pai, but the main point is the kid just trains out of this guys backyard, just two gents working out, one teaching, both learning, one day the kid asks the teacher, where did you learn your gung fu from, the teacher replies my dad, where did he learn it from the kid then implores, the teacher thinks about it as if it never occured to him to care, then replies he believes he learned it from a capitan he was stationed in the army with, just a group of men working out in a aircraft hanger and thats all his father told him, that and it was used to bring him home alive on a number of occasions.

No fancy scrolls, no ancient lineages, no ritual, no rank, no politics, just sheer training with purpose and honesty on all fronts.

I have a feeling there is more real gung fu like that then the "show me your papers" culture we see now.
    Regards

fdgf

Good point black jack

True blackjack but I don't care wether he know's how to fight or not what I care about was if he really knew cma because I keep hearing trash about how kung fu does not work when they use him as an example. Basically what I'm saying is did he really represent cma in his early days?
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

I keep hearing people talk about Shooter. Who is shooter? Is he a good fighter? What is the general consensus on him? Any web sites for him? Thanks. Just wondering who you guys are refering to.

hes just some heroin addict that accidentally made it ring side durring an early ufc. do to his extreme state of euphoria he was moving his arms around in a dance to unheard music. people thought he was doing taichi and drug him into the ring where he was promptly beaten to death by a thai boxer.
    where's my beer?

I have watched many UFC competition videos and from what I have seen, I give mad props to anyone with the nads to even step into such a venue. Now to actually win ONE says a lot about an individual let alone 32 victories. As for his claim to study 5 Animal Kung Fu, well,....I'll just say that it is obviously a different style than the one we are all familiar with. I have never even heard the mantis being referred to as an animal in the CMA's. Not discrediting him at all because I simply do not know of the system he studies. I think that is where the lineage thing comes in to play. No, it is not a measure of his fighting skill. (although his 32 victories certainly are) But, it would give us some insight about his style and where it is derived from. Alright, I gotta' get back to work. You guys are going to get me fired! LOL (o:
    "We'll show him.....Chinese Boxing!"

sheesh, what about the SEGAL claim?! any proof?

Braden Guest

Question

MerryP, Legend, etc - I don't understand your criticisms here.

Jason Delucia is receiving flak for not being a "real" 5-animal practicioner, in much the same way that Shooter sometimes gets flak for not teaching "real," tai chi.

That's all I was saying.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Braden Guest
    Shouldn't misleading or fraudulent information be pointed out?

I didn't see anyone make any comments putting down his fighting skill.