Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jing Quan Dao

I'm here, I'm here.

I just came back from an assignment in Vegas. Sorry I missed your posts.

We have two new Tao vids,
    void strikes and Iron Body (Iron Body is aslo packaged as a master's kit. ) Void strikes is a bit of a weird translation since it's so literal. Basically this is a repetoire of techniques that are performed with out hitting anyone or anything - shadowboxing. It contains all of the basic technique of Tao's JQD, kicks, punches, footwork, etc. then assembles them into some training combinations. It's a good primer, better organized than his other two videos . It's all in the basics. The Iron Body video is conditioning. It progresses from some solid conditioning exercises (a few of which I've even borrowed into my own personal training) and then moves quickly into some pretty hardcore stuff.

What I like about Alex's stuff is that it's no frills, just brutal fighting. The videos are tightly packed. The downside is that he tends to move through a lot of material very quickly, so you have to do a lot of rewinding and slow mo to get it all. Still, their very interesting to anyone whose likes fighting. And their price is quite reasonable. Let me know what you think if you get them!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    What I like about Alex's stuff is that it's no frills, just brutal fighting. The videos are tightly packed. The downside is that he tends to move through a lot of material very quickly, so you have to do a lot of rewinding and slow mo to get it all. Still, their very interesting to anyone whose likes fighting. And their price is quite reasonable. Let me know what you think if you get them!
    Gene, you still around?

Hope no one minds me bringing this back up after so long. I just got the 5 CD's you guys put out. Interesting stuff, but i have some questions if any one here has tried this system and wants to talk about it.

First off, his training methods are a bit brutal, particularly the Iron Head stuff! How would you do that without incuring brain dammage?

The qigong methods are a little unorthodox also. Have you tried them? How well did they work for you?

I do like some of his combat techniques and methods. I am moving more to CMAs' now, and these are a good mix of CMA and the harder systems. Good transitional system.