Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Interview Question

OT: Interview Question

I am currently looking for a new network admin job, I count my blessing, but I always get the question "Why do you want to leave your current job".. the real reason is my job doesn't acknowledge I have a college degree or computer certifications and won't pay me more money, but that is not what a perspective employeer wants to hear.. What are some good responses to this question?? Thank You for any input

Greg

PS: I know this is REALLY OFF topic so kinda bear with me!!

"I realize that there is no room for movement in my curent position. Because of this, I feel that I must move on"
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

you could take the brutally honest approach

"the money sucks and so does the management. I''m overworked, underpaid and it's just time for me to go."
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

"I eviscerated my old boss with a spoon for not giving me the afternoon off to go to the match, so I don't really have a job right now."
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Or how about:

"When the CEO found me boning his missus on the boardroom table he told me to look for another position without delay. When I rolled her over doggy style he went ballistic and sacked me..... Are you married?"
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Or:

Employer: "So Mr GGL, why do you want to leave your current job?"

GGL: *opens eyes really wide, stars off into space* "Because it's all..... quiet.. there.. now..."

Then start picking at your teeth absently with your overlong pinky nail*.

*You'll have to grow your pinky nail first for this one, of course.

I'm not really helping, am I......

More seriously, a good one is always:

"Well, for a long time the job was very challenging, but the position has become somewhat stagnant and I don't feel challenged any longer. I think I've achieved all I can in my current job and feel it's time to move on."

But that's just boring as batshit.

messing around with the CEO's wife WILL get you fired - even if you didn't know she was his wife....trust me.....

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

test: bat****

why is it that you and MP don't get censored, but I do??!??! are you using ALT characters that look like the letter?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I'm sorry, that's secret knowledge only ever passed down from sifu to his most trusted disciples.

It's called the Secret View Source Technique....

Ah, I've already said too much!

Go with SevenStar's first post! Sounds the best. That's what I would tell them if i were in your situation!! Best of luck, I hope you get the job!!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

No more suggestions for this poor fellow? Don't leave him just with my stupid suggestions and Seven's really boring one!

"I felt I had grown beyond that position and it was time for me to find one that would challenge me to fulfill my potential"

Oh, BTW that is a load of bullshit

Muahahaha. I now have the power!!!!
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    hmm let me see...

bat****
    ****ing cool
    Last edited by Xebsball; 06-27-2002 at 08:37 PM.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA