Thread: what are some prominent drunken boxing sets?

Lightbulb what are some prominent drunken boxing sets?

I am looking for the input of all artists in the drunken arts. Can anyone give a novice in the field any advice?

i know our style has a drunken mantis form, and i know most systems do have a drunken form, but there is no drunken system, there is a good book by lung ting on the drunken eight immortals, that goes pretty deep into the subject, history of the form, and applications, also try a search on any engine you should get lots of hits....hope this helps.

Skard1
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

Talking

Some choy li fut lineages contain an eight drunken immortals form, I know Lee Koon Hung's lineage does. It is a very advanced, internal form. Lee Koon Hung's school in Florida even sells a video on this form. I do not know the website for the school offhand, but I always see an ad for that school's videos in Qiqong wushu kung fu magazine. I hope this helps. Peace.

Drunken Sets

Hello,
    Drunken Sets are fairly prominent include
    Eight Drunken Immortals, various northern & southern Styles teach a set with this title.
    Drunken Arhat from Mantis.
    Drunken Monkey, There are a few styles that teach a drunken Monkey set and it is one of the 5 monkey types of Tai Shing Pek Kwar.

The Lok Hop Tsui Pak Hsien of Dr. John Ng is absolutley and without a doubt the best drunken boxing I have seen.
    I have studied a little of it and hope to train deeper in the style soon.

Two of the articles that Shane speaks of above are;

Decive Disrupt Destroy the Strategy of Drunken Boxing. by Master Tim Pickens Karate/KungFu Illustrated / December 1992

Real Drunken Boxing, What You Won't See in Todays Competition!
    by Master Tim Pickens Inside Kung-Fu / May 1991

Both of these articles feature Photos of Tim Pickens & Dr. Ng at The Twin Dragons School in Albany, KY (The memories )

Anyway, there are several others but I do not have them at hand.

Gene, do you guys have any Drunken info in your back issues? I think I remember a Drunken Fist article but I'm not sure.

Daniel

asdf

Are you the sam seed who plays op4?

Drunken articles

We've done a few drunken articles - here are some references:
    Drunken Choy Lay Fut: http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...mag20juli.html

Our drunken issue (featuring me getting beat up by a drunk) http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf-200011.html

And here's a loose drunken article
    http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf-200009.html

There's probably a few more, but those are the ones that come immeidately to mind.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart