Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gypsy, Wanderers, Beggers, Vagabond

Eaz

We also have sei mun baqua, left, right ,front and back gates.

hey f.t cool

Sui

As they say in Gerry Maguire "YOU COMPLETE ME"!

FT

Fiercest Tiger:
    HHH was indeed one of the 6 disciples of CLC in China, just he was the only one of the 6 that Lau Cheun didnft learn from. However Lau did learn from one of HHHfs top disciples Kwan Kwok Fai.
    In the HK branch there were said to have been 12 or 13 top disciples.
    I donft really know where Saam Mun Kuen came from but Im not sure if it is related to Sam Mun BaGwa, could be. Yes, our Sam Mun Batgwa does have a bit of stomping and many elbow movements, most upward. Youfve seen it?

Actually, Sei Mun Bat Gwa is a mix of Siu Sek See, Dai Sek See, and Sam Mun Batgwa. Its really apparent if you see all three of the forms first; of course there is a lot more than just that, and I think it may be the longest form in the system. Perhaps thatfs the reason that Siu Sek See and Sam Mun were removed from the curriculum; either to make room for the new forms (Jik Bo Biu Jee and Sup Ji Kau Da), or simply because their essence is contained in Sei Mun Bat Gwa!

EAZ:
    I donft know if any of the forms are Lee Style origin, of Wanderers or Dragon for that matter. Perhaps the names alone remained, perhaps some partial sequences, but I think whatever those gborrowedh forms once were is now gone and replaced with Bak Mei! Just a thought.

Kei Lun

Kei Lun

Thanks for clearing this up for me!

Sarm Maan kuen is a higher level form in our syetm , higher then sarm mun bagua, it starts with the salute and then stomps straight forwards into ping jing choy, step back and stomp of to your left ping jing choy, step back stomp boot choy, some people call it lum da, then drops down to gwa ma soy kuil. Does any of this seem similar to yours? Its has portions of sarm mun and then goes of into ying jow lin kuil running backwards like in the luk hup gao bou toy for.

Sei mun bagua indeed has portions of many forms and starts with the sek sze salute then into a day sut looking portion etc

anyway its all good, sifu used to say it builds chi and stamina.

take care
    Garry