Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TOTALLY OT: Anybody have any recipes they like that they want to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    good thread...should be merged with the Official Food and Beer Thread...
    and it should also be stickied, IMHO...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    shiat is right - it's basically the swill that the locals drink! my god-father (Hungarian; also a Vienna-trained chef), thinks it's the worst wine in the world, LOL, he wouldn't drink it if you paid him...
    but personally, I really like it, it's the b3st3st wine to go with any sort of heavy stew-like dish; anyway, glad to see it's not unheard of in other parts; and yeah, gorg. would be just the level of cheese you would need to balance it out, for certain (speaking of smelly cheeses: try Stinking Bishop - great way to clear the room...)
    man, i thought it was really good...strong tasting but not at all sour or vinegery...and yea, it took a strong cheese to complement it. I can't find it in AVL but the little wineshop I worked at in Blowing Rock had it. I'd buy it all the time as my 'house' wine if I could. Currently, my 'house' is Concha y Tora. Pretty good for a 'quaffing' wine.

worst wine in the world would HAVE to fall the Thunderbird.

my dad used to work with a guy that would drink a 5th of T-bird after work every day and chase it with coke...I worked with them one day and apparently the boss was out of town and I watched him drink 2 bottles of that stuff in a very short period of time...'course, he was like 300 lbs....

I bought a bottle of 'Murphy's Law Red Wine' this past weekend and just finished it tonight w/ my past and veggies. It's a blend designed as a 'table' wine. Pretty tasty. Hearty and meant to be 'drunk' but a cut above at less than $10 a bottle.

www.localwinecompany.com
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    1 part woman

2 parts lemon gin

serve on a bed of 400 thread count Egyptian cotton.

tasty!
    i am humbled...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Visiting my favorite Aunt on the day after boxing day and picked up a bottle of "organic" (containing no non-carbon-based ingredients?!?) cotes-du-rhone that got good reviews.

I normally just stick to Cabarnet Sauvignon but I've heard that cotes-du-rhone is good wine too.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Visiting my favorite Aunt on the day after boxing day and picked up a bottle of "organic" (containing no non-carbon-based ingredients?!?) cotes-du-rhone that got good reviews.

I normally just stick to Cabarnet Sauvignon but I've heard that cotes-du-rhone is good wine too.
    Cotes du Rhone is what is known as a "regional" type of wine, while Cabarnet Sauvignon is what is known as a "varietal" type of wine.

Cab Sav is a grape variety and cote du rhone is a grwoing region taht may or may not use a cab sav grape in their wines.

quick little wine lesson for ya !

cheers!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I was actually aware of that distinction. However as I had never heard of the two varieties of grape that produced this wine I thought that not mentioning them (especially since I have now forgot what they were) and referring to the wine as cotes-du-rhone would suffice.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

who can say what's in there for sure. lol

some 20 + different varieties of grape in france alone!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Probably had Grenache in it...
    Simon McNeil

as long as there's no glycol in it, it's all good. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

rotflmfao

Wouldn't that endanger their organic designation?
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    rotflmfao

Wouldn't that endanger their organic designation?
    The French, if nothing else, are super strict about their wine and what can and cannot go in it. they have way elaborate laws around wine alone.

I love France. i love their wine, their language, their way of life. Much more civilized in many ways than many other western countries.

mmm provence!

Vive la France!

Kung Fu is good for you.

CDR is one of my favorite wines...Preston Vineyards (CA i think) did a 'Faux' a while back that was modeled after the CDR style ...which I don't particularly know exactly what that style is...it just tastes good.

so when is this going to be mergedf????