Thread: TOTALLY OT: Anybody have any recipes they like that they want to share?

Threaded View

TOTALLY OT: Anybody have any recipes they like that they want to share?

Hey, they call chefs Sifu in China... why not a recipe thread. I know it'll be moved, but at least it'll get some traffic here.

Try this:

Red Thai Chicken Curry

This takes almost no effort using prepared red curry paste and you’ll look like a genius. You could make your own paste, but that’s too much trouble for me. Find a good commercial brand and stick with it. I use Mae Ploy. This stuff does NOT taste of Indian-typ curry powder, however, it can be murderously hot. Tweak the amount of curry paste you use to suit yourself.

2T peanut or vegetable oil
    2T red curry paste
    2T peeled, minced or grated ginger
    1 clove garlic, minced finely
    1 tsp finely minced lemon zest
    14 oz canned coconut milk
    ¼ cup fish sauce (I like Tiparos)
    juice of 1 lemon
    12 oz boneless chicken sliced about ½ in thick
    1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
    1 cup green onion, in 1 inch pieces, green tops and white
    parts separated
    ¼ cup loose, coarsely chopped basil leaf

Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat and add the oil and curry paste. Stir the paste until there are no more lumps and the aroma has been released. Add the ginger, garlic, and lemon zest and sauté until all is fragrant. Add the coconut milk and fish sauce and stir to incorporate all ingredients. Allow this to simmer until the flavors have blended. Add lemon juice to taste. Add the chicken. About 2 or 3 minutes before the chicken is done, add the red bell pepper and the white part of the green onions. About a minute later, add the tops of the green onions and cook just until the vegetables are bright in color and have lost their raw taste, but are still crisp. Take the curry off the heat and stir in the basil. Serve with cooked rice.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 06-29-2002 at 02:03 PM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli