Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noodles or Rice?

hmm I would think that rice would be better because MOST noodles are just pure charbs but rice and some beans are one of the best sources of protien that combo is great if you are trying to gain muscle, Plus you add a little chicken and its a pretty good meal. Many chinese doctors say that the real real sticky rice is good i forget the name but supposley it cleans the lining of your stomach.

rice

because the character for rice when broken down has the character for chi! rice POWER!!:l)

BILLIONS OF CHINESE CANT BE WRONG!

ttt 4 2016!

Noodles or rice? Depends on what kind of noodles...or hot pots, or dumplings...

China Busts 35 Restaurants for Using Opium Poppies as Seasoning
    Associated Press 3:01 AM ET
    Mark Schiefelbein—AP

A man walks past a branch of the Hu Da hot pot restaurant chain in Beijing, Jan. 22, 2016.

Five restaurants are being prosecuted while 30 others are under investigation

(BEIJING) — China’s Food and Drug Administration says it found opium poppies used as illegal seasoning in 35 restaurants across the country, including a popular Beijing hot pot chain.

Five restaurants are being prosecuted while 30 others, ranging from Shanghai dumpling joints to noodle shops in southwestern Chongqing, are under investigation.

Cases of cooks sprinkling ground poppy powder, which contains low amounts of opiates like morphine and codeine, in soup and seafood are not new in China, though it is unclear whether they can hook a customer or deliver a noticeable buzz.

Shaanxi Province police busted a noodle seller in 2014 after being tipped off by a failed drug test. Seven restaurants were closed in Ningxia Province in 2012 for using the additive and Guizhou Province shut down 215 restaurants in 2004.

Why is this in the Southern Chinese Kung Fu forum again?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Last edited by PalmStriker; 01-22-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fgxpanzerz View Post
    he quoted a master he studied with. The guy said something like, if you eat rice it will make yor stomach soft and you'll get yor a$$ beaten faster. That's not an exact quote, in case u didnt know. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what the guy meant.
    * Means noodle eater will kick your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by guohuen View Post
    So Marco Polo went to China in 350 bc?
    Uh, not even close, try somewhere closer to the 13th Century CE.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 01-22-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Noodles or rice? Depends on what kind of noodles...or hot pots, or dumplings...
    I kill two birds with one stone. Since I have a gluten sensitivity/intolerance, I now eat noodles made of brown rice. Tastes the same as wheat noodles, and better for you.

And since I do my own cooking, sometimes I eat noodles WITH rice. Depends on the noodle dish I make.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-23-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Of course, I could eat rice every day... just like noodles ! https://www.google.com/search?q=chin...HfREALAQsAQIKQ

hello everyone in the meric. i hear the white in the north eat potatos while the in the south eat the corn. so mysterious. which do you like?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hello everyone in the meric. i hear the white in the north eat potatos while the in the south eat the corn. so mysterious. which do you like?
    Nope. both north and south tend to eat both and at the same time. We also like to eat noodles and rice. We call it spaghetti . It was the reason we sent Marco Polo to China. We wanted their spaghetti. We already had the rice.

Have you ever had Scottish corn?
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-07-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Scottish Corn = oatmeal. Probably no longer common usage even there. Maybe some older folks still refer to that occasionally. They would just say corn by the way.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    So this amazing restaurant opens up in Flushing
    Called Biang! I think there's also one in NYC.
    Their specialty is Xian style cuisine.
    Hand pulled noodles with hot oil is awesome. So is the oxtail and lamb burgrrs.
    Recently changed hands..now it is xian fast food..take out and counter eating..still good.
    If you sre in the srea you should check it out.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Rice master

Because of course, Japan would have rice masters.

Japanese rice master: Beijing demonstration falls short but provides morale boost
    February 14, 2016
    By JUNJI MURAKAMI/ Staff Writer

SAKAI--Tsutomu Murashima said his rice-cooking demonstration in China was only “60 percent successful,” despite the accolades that poured in from audience members who sampled his concoction.

Murashima, 85, returned to Japan on Jan. 13, a day after the event in Beijing organized by a Chinese government group that is trying to improve the quality of products sold in China.

During the Jan. 12 demonstration, Murashima mixed 10 types of rice from across China using bottled water from a retailer in the country. He cooked 150 servings of rice in three pots on a stage.

About 180 people in various fields, from influential business people and food critics, tried the rice. The reviews were overwhelmingly favorable, including, “The rice made by the master is sweet and tasty.”

However, Murashima had difficulty adjusting the gap between the pot and the heat.

“Although I did my best, the stickiness, luster and flavor of the rice were different from what I usually make,” he said.

“The rice was 60 percent successful,” he said.

But he said he felt motivated by the compliments he received for the rice.

“I felt that food has no borders," he said. "I want to try again.”

His rice was quickly gobbled down, as well as the 3 kilograms of “shiokonbu” (thin strips of kelp cooked in soy sauce), a local specialty Murashima brought from Sakai, served as an accompanying dish.

His “onigiri” rice balls went down particularly well among the audience members, bringing smiles to their faces while they ate.

For more than half a century, Murashima has cooked rice at the Ginshari-ya Gekotei eatery that he opened in 1963 in Sakai. He became widely known in China after a Chinese blogger who visited Gekotei posted an article that described Murashima as “the wizard of rice cooking in Sakai.”

Murashima was also featured on television programs.

The rice-cooking demonstration was arranged by an organization from China’s Ministry of Commerce that has been planning a “highest-quality mark” for products sold in China.

The Chinese organizers invited Murashima as an “ambassador of rice culture” to learn his methods and attitude toward rice cooking as part of the Beijing’s quality-improvement efforts.

The organizers asked for Murashima’s participation through the Sakai city government, saying, “Mr. Murashima’s bowl of rice is the very thing that warms and bridges the hearts of Japan and China.”

On Jan. 7, Murashima flew to Beijing with his favorite pots. Having never before cooked rice in China, he studied the right amount of water and heat level through trial and error before the Jan. 12 event.

On Jan. 16, Murashima reopened Gekotei.

“I really appreciate that Chinese visitors said ‘delicious’ to my rice,” he said. “I will go back to square one and keep trying.”

By JUNJI MURAKAMI/ Staff Writer
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Why is this in the Southern Chinese Kung Fu forum again?
    I'm so hijacking this thread. I'll move it to the OT forum soon.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart