Thread: personal question

Unhappy personal question

Well this isn't a fun one to ask but how do I treat hemorriods? I'm not particularly happy about suddenly having them and I really don't know much about them. What are they and how do I get rid of them and stop the pain? I thought I was still too young to get them and haven't known anyone else who has. My sifu did tell a story about monks sitting to long in seiza and not clenching their perrenium and getting hemorriods from the chi trying escape and leading the blood down there. Any advice and help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by FistOfTheNorthSide; 07-05-2002 at 08:23 PM.

That's awful. Never had it but I know there's medication and such at local pharmacies. Directions for applications I'm assuming are on the back of the tube.

As far as someone getting it, I've heard that sitting on concrete or metal, (Basically cold surfaces) for too long can be a bad thing. Odd though with that being the case why there are so many concrete benches around in public and private gardens and such. Anyway I've heard that same advice from many different sources I have no scientific research to back it up though. I have heard of the condition to get severe enough to require surgery. Don't let it go that far.

You need to contract your perineum whenever you do anything to increase intra-abdominal pressure, like lifting a weight or hitting something (or someone). Otherwise, it creates back-pressure on the veins and makes them pop out. Straining at the stool is the classic example of this, so make sure you have plenty of fiber in your diet and drink plenty of water.

I never much liked the stuff in the tube, but it does work. Witch hazel pads help, too. Acupuncture (to the top of the head, of all places) can also be very helpful.

Thumbs up Smelly finger.

Stuff 'em back up your ring!

And yes I am serious, I had them a few years ago and asked my Mum (Nursing Sister) and that's whats she told me (I'm paraphrasing a bit.) When your ring is relaxed your should try and push 'em back up. It didn't work the first time I tried, as I remember, but did after a couple more goes.

Can't believe I'm writing this, but you had the balls to ask.

jpcm
    Last edited by Helicopter; 07-08-2002 at 06:06 AM.

Tiger balm works really well, just rub a good layer...LOLOLOL, no I'm joking
    Anyway, I had heard of specific plant decoctions but I don't remember them...maybe you might want to try at some chinese herbalist...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Thanks for the response.

thanks for not letting us know how you got on.

tucks pads work well and are not messy. dont try to push out your poop. and NO tacos for at least a week.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

raw

Try to eat as much raw veggies and fruit in your diet as possible and limit cooked foods - particularly meats - for a few weeks.

Along with a good anti-itch cream and some anti-inflammatories this works wonders.

Also, drink LOTS of water -- 8-12 8oz glasses a day. The combination of being well hydrated with a very high-fibre diet will give your body what it needs to heal up itself.

The anti-itch and anti-inflam stuff just makes it more comfortable until things get back to normal.

Hemorroids are like Kung Fu - there's internal and external

Unfortunately I get external ones occasionally, it runs in my family. They are extremely painful and sometimes I can barely walk. The creams in pharmacies do little for me. As for any other type of swelling, I found cold works best in relieving the pain and inflammation. Spray cold water on your arsehole in the shower. I have even used ice cubes directly on them (be careful with this one)...then try to push them back up with some vaseline.
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

I'm vegan so I get plenty of fiber and I do drink a lot of water. It turns out my mom and dad both get them too. Cream is helping and I can poo without it hurting for 8 hours now. It was really, really bad. I went to the doctor but as usual he was useless. I didn't have anyl luck pushing them back in. Is pushing them back in just for internal hemmoriods? I really can't figure out how this happen. I don't sit or stand all day and I don't strain on the pot. Is this genetic?

Well, on a kinda serious note, about 2 months ago my cousin recovered from a form of thrombosis that was found in a hemmeroid. He went to the doctor's with a serious pain in his lower back. it was pretty bad, they sent him to hospital and he had to be operated on. The nurse said he probably got the hemmoroid from sitting on cold surfaces for too long. He's 23 and has worked in a cold storage area for 3 years, so it kinda figures! The only amusing thing was he had to wear a nappy-like bandage for 3 weeks afterwards!

xx
    K

http://www.fascrs.org/brochures/hemorrhoids.html

yes, they are genetic...you can blame your mum & dad
    I live a fairly healthy lifestyle too but it just happens sometimes without any known cause.
    no, you can't push back internal hemorroids, they are already inside.

Interesting, the part that says about 50% of the population get them after age 30, so there are a lot more ppl here on these forums who get them than are willing to admit...
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

14. Thumbs up

Iīve got the idea that many do have them,more than one could think.
    Picking oneīs guts to tell a rightkind of doctor will probably help,many people who got help later thought they should have done it a lot earlier.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

aloe vera gel works well in soothing and healing them too.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang