Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Wanker

LOL at thread title!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Talking

I have seen that guy before. He probabely has a good sense of humor, disguising himself as the emperor in Star War or something!
    As they say..."There is one born every seconds"

Talking

LOL! Check out the "Crab" style pic!
    Crabs won't be a problem after this
    **** rips off your scrotum

Too good!

I've saved the crab stance pic as my background on the PC.

Funniest thing I've seen for weeks!!!

From Kun Tao:

Secret Kun Tao Movement #3

"In all Kun Tao systems, the object of movement is to be in the most advantageous position to neutralize your enemy's options for either his attack or defense. We strive to be behind our attacker's back. We can do the most damage to him from here. We start from any position, as we never know for certain where we will be in relation to our enemy: sitting, standing, lying down, and so forth. We never know for sure what time we will be attacked, be it morning or nighttime; nor do we know what we will be doing: jogging, shopping in the store, stopped sitting in our car, etc. As we get out of the way of the attack, we strive to always move quickly behind him. From our attackers back, we jump in the air and simultaneously wrap our legs around his back, thereby effectively pinning his arms to the sides of his body. As we do this, we grab and tear his throat with our right hand, and close the enemy's airway by pinching his nose and compressing his mouth shut. Now he cannot breathe. We spin the enemy's body around to disorient and distract his mind. As our enemy starts to hit the ground, we loosen our legs so they slide down between his legs, trapping him. By now our attacker should be through. If not, we continue on. We let him lie there.

"We are finished with this technique."
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

Thumbs up

LOL! I haven't seen a Si-Jo post here in a while. He's old news; we've seen him before on KFO, but he's always welcome and good for an early morning belly laugh. By the way, did you check out his 'bat style'? Awesome technique. There's no way anyone could get past that defense. I noticed a weakness in the crab style, though. His knees are open, inviting a juko-kai style nut crushing crunch.
    K. Mark Hoover

Talking

Ahh, this was the guy I was talking about in the chatroom a few weeks ago. The Bat style...

He's harmless and funny. Remember: .
    (The above picture of the Grand Master, was put on with a sense of humor, he does not wear a hood like this, he can be seen as normal as in doing the monk techniques on the graphics page)

"I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

I think I have mentioned this before but I have actually crossed hands with that gent and a few of his students WAY back in the mid-90's.

A friend of mine was going up to his place, he trained in his basement and at a local park then, for training in tai chi ch'uan, which is James big thing. I drove him up there a few times and got the chance to meet and play with James and his guys.

For those that care I will try to give what I remeber as a review, first off the guy was off the scale nice, very pleasent and open to questions, and people just hanging out and watching. He seemed to be a good teacher, taking a lot of time with each student, listening to questions, pushing them in class, that sort of thing.

On the physical side, I remeber they actually did a LOT of sparring,
    not just one on one, but with multiple attackers, standing and on the ground, sometimes even blindfolded. Though it was a different kind of sparring, very loose and very relaxed but still kinda aggressive, though not as aggressive as I think self defense training should be, his seemed more passive aggressive, not pre-emptive. I think his goal was to combine certain tai chi yeilding principles with his kung fu system, that was one of his goals I believe anyway. They worked on a lot of strikes in the air and on bags, from what was told I believe they did hand conditioning, and even breaking, standing and seated meditation, and other chinese drills.

From what I remeber most of his students blew, with the exception of himself and one senior, I crossed hands with three people there and one mass attack experiment, one average student, guy was a drip and a whiner, the senior who was not bad but he was to loose all the time, once I crowded him he did not know what to do in a clinch, I ended up dumping him on the ground a couple times by being forcefull when he was always trying to yeild or something, instead of being sneaky slinky he should of been throwing my ass around and hitting me when chance showed itself.

Believe it or not James was actually good on the mat, he has a judo background and it showed when he fought, back then I remeber ending up on the short, often a deceptive close quarter strike or long range kick and being sweeped and thrown around a bit, he was also a TALL and LANKY guy, around 6'5 or so, myself being stocky, 5'7.

Take that for what its worth, I am not saying its a good system, I would not study his hybrid tai chi gung fu, I hear he is an excellent tai chi man, but it was interesting to say the least and like I said, he was a nice guy who seemed sincerely interested in his students well-being and his approach was about self defense first and health benefits from tai chi second, something which altogether is not that common.

My buddy studied some Tai Chi with him for about 6-8 months and then left because he moved to a different town.

Again take it for what its worth.
    Regards

Wink "Believe it or not James was actually good on the mat"

Does that excuses the "bat" and "crab" B.S. ?
    He could be a 9th degree black belt in judo and still teaching some personnal crab!...I mean crap!
    He's just another fake.

Talking

Jong - Dont diss the deadly Crab style because you won't be laughing when he crawls up and puts the death grip on your yam bag.

"Si-jo James (9/1/1950) has a Master ranking in a most devastating art of Kung-Fu, they have forbidden their name to be used. This unnamed art came from Honan province in Northern China."

You can't even say the name or they will GET YOU!

James learned at the Red Dragon Society in Wisconsin, its a school related to the old Green Dragon Society temple in Chicago and the White Tiger Temple in Arizona, the name of the GDS system is chi dao ch'uan/wu chi ch'uan gung fu, its a chinese/burmese system.

I have NEVER heard of those animals though, chi dao ch'uan has 8 burmese animals and it psychological/physical sub-sets, but nothing like the bat, crab, and all that jazz, which makes me think he might of changed some of the animals around so he would not **** people off.

The gds is a bare-knuckle closed door school and they are very protective of there system and its name, I believe that is one of the reasons James could not use it in his marketing, the GDS group is not very friendly when it comes to such stuff, and I stress that comment.

Old Jong,

Bro, don't put words in my mouth, I never said he was not a fake, even though the guy has studied with a lot of top tai chi people like that B.K. Frantiz (?) guy, I could give a rats ass what he is or what he does, I was just stating what I saw, something none of you here have any first hand experiance with, yet feel qualified to comment on, I was just adding some first hand info.
    Last edited by Black Jack; 07-09-2002 at 09:30 AM.
    Regards