Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Ng

Talking John Ng

John Ng is still alive and training me everyday. Our style is that of under standing yourself not just the movements, or belts most people seek. Be yourself in your style not a robot. Flow like water.
    The history of the Ng Family Style dates way back and yes it has Wing Chun, Shaolin and Hung Style roots to a degree but is not fully wrap in these styles. I have the history and will be putting it into book form.
    All I can say is before meeting my teacher Grandmaster Winglock John Ng i searched and even took 6 other styles that boxed me in because all that I was doing was movements. Now I can crack a coconut with one strike of my palm or break the bottom brick from a stack of three. Or in a life and death position even kill with one touch of the palm. Shane knows this to be fact.
    John Ng has trained 26 different Ntional and international Champions. This should be proof enough that the style is real and alive today. If it isn't then your just an idiot.
    Sifu: Frank Sexton

Talking Thank You

Thank you for your post.
    I began my studies in Ng Family style in Albany, Ky.
    I discontinued my study when I moved up here to indiana and began training internal styles. I look forward to training in Ng Family again in the very near future.
    I can say that in the past 22 years, having gone through several teachers myself. Dr. Ng's style is awsome in appearance but even more awsome underneath.
    Thank you for clearing some things up.

Daniel

Sifu Frank

do you know who Eric Nessen Is? Ask your master if he remembers Eric. i was a student of his for a few years, and eric studied with Dr Ng. in the 70's. please send my regards and many respects to Dr. Ng.
    many respects,,,,Jason Bratcher( the Willow Sword)
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Weeeelllllll......

Frank generally seemed to be a lot friendlier in person.

Have any of you guys ever seen the "Vibrating Palm" used on someone?

Talking friendlier

Your right Beikunghui.

Sorry if I came off offensively just can't to hear someone question John Ng or our style in a sarcazium way. Rather have them ask me straight up than beat around the bush. Sorry again.

Frank

I've had the Vibration Palm demostrated on me and I've Demostrated it on one of my students. Master Rick Pickens and John Ng has used me to do it on. I love it though, the more the power the more the fun. Im crazy I know.
    Last edited by FRANK SEXTON; 07-19-2002 at 08:56 AM.

Thumbs up

Hello Frank,

I understand what you are saying. I have had the chance to meet you a couple of times and seen you compete so I know you are a nice guy and a great martial artist. My experience from the Vibrating Palm comes from Sifu Rick Pickens as well (waaaaaaay back in the day). Do you plan on going to the Bluegrass games agiain?

Frank, not sure if you meant my questions or not. If so, I wasn't being sarcastic and I wasn't trying to beat around the bush. I was just looking for info.
    Last I checked there was nothing wrong with that. It just comes from curiousity, especially since I haven't heard any of the history behind the style.
    I posed the question to the forum so I could get a response from anyone who happened to know anything.
    Do you care to share any of the history or do we need to wait for the book?
    And again, just out of curiousity, you say you can kill with one touch of the palm and you have someone to back you up on this. Does this really mean you can, and have, killed someone by just touching them, or even with just one hit, and someone was there to witness this?
    Don't misunderstand my posts for being ill intentioned, I'm just inquisitive.

Talking Info

No offense taking from anyone we are all brothers in the martial arts world let not one of us have an ot with the other but unite and bring back the ring that made each style awsome.

I will post some of the history withen a week. I must check with my teacher Grandmaster Ng.

Ground Dragon not your questions first time I posted an reply was meant to go to individual. In a style that has given several other styles beside our style a hard time. didn't mean to send it to the forum. Sorry if this confused anyone. But to your question.
    I used the Vibration Palm one time without thinking about it and sent a 18 boy to the hospitol with internal damage, I struck the boy on the right side. This was in the parking lot of walmart. He was from shaolin do and been taking down my flyers for our school and bad mouthing our style. He had 2 friends with him one of my students was with me. I tried to walk away and when i stepped back and turned to go he grabbed my shoulder to stop me as I turned I brought the vibration up from the ground through my left leg, up through the body cavity to the shoulder and down and out my left palm. It doubled him over. Iaimed it at his spleen and liver. I done this without thinking. After that I stopped my training for about a year because I didn't realize how much power that you can have from it. Rick Pickens Has went through this type of thing to but he had more power than I ever want. One of Ricks students struck a man in a tournament in somerset Ky. and sent him to the hospitol coughing up blood. The 2 boys are all right now but they can tell you about the force the vibration palm has.
    Wrd to the wise don't seek that which you can not control or keep in submission, because as with me and several other people in our style knows the power will take control of you and you will lose yourself.

Humblly your friend and brother. Frank

Thumbs down sounds like.......

"tried" to walk away was not actually walking away.
    does Dr. Ng condone this type of behavior? i remember from stories that there had been some ego rivalry bs between sd and ng's students. you would think that after so many years that this would cease regardless of what the sd folks and the Ng folks think of one another. i apologize if i seem a little kurt but this is why i left sd and why i do not wish to join schools. still,,, dr Ng;s training seems to be very effective and should be treated with a little more restraint.
    Many Respects,,,The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Lightbulb Shane

i m just going on what i read. Each are responsable for thier own actions. How "responsable" would YOU have been in that situation ,, i wonder?
    Many respects,,the Willow Sword

It is very hard to judge another. I grew around a MA cult (CMQ)that was probably a little worse than SD. The arrogance and will to violence they had was feuled by a foolish sense of superiority. Even though I was known as a pacifist, I often found myself having to adjust thier attitudes. Sometimes people get past the point where you can walk away safely. When peoples heads are filled with stories of thier group being superior to all others, those others are seen as less than equals - resulting in stupid behavior. Which then, if there is any justice, in those nutjobs getting a rude awakening.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Thumbs up no prob

just sharing my opinions as well.

i guess what got to me about Franks post is that flyer pulling and bad mouthing is just immature ego driven behavior and why even fuel the fire by confronting it? Unless you are trying to front some ego of your own. had Frank just been the pacifist and not allowed the sd guys to get to him. its just paper and they are just words. to coin a phrase "sticks and stones" need i say more.
    seems hardly applicable to put an individual in the hospital. but i understand that the situation warranted a certain amount of "defense" putting a hand on a shoulder can be interpreted as assault and at that point one has a choice of what to do next. i guess if it were me i would have just shook my head. in my mind called em a bunch of dumb a$$es and gone on my merry way.

MAny Respects,,The Willow Sword

clarifacation

Sorry to offend anyone John does not want us to fight. The student that was with me was the one getting harrassed at first and I stopped it by interviening. The boy that I struck was pushing my student asking what he was going to do about what they were doing. I had no intention on fighting. I do not like to fight. The boy from the sd school had been chalenging me for about a year and a half. I do not care if people bad mouth me but no one bad mouths John Ng, this is why I turned and went to leave. I walked about five steps before he grabbed my shoulder and tried to squeze it like they do in high schools. I do not defend my actions but we train to react without thinking to a combat situation. In all martial arts you are trained to defend yourself if need be. If someone grabs you as you start walking away then you will react maybe with a block, a throw or even a strike that brings them down but you will react. I went straight to John and told him and I apologized for what I done. Before I even got there he knew what had happened and told me not to worry about it just make sure the boy was ok because he was told that the boy grabbed me. This was in a young stage of my training. now I control and humbleness.
    In years past yes there was alot going on between sd and our style and there was alot of fights. And John himself had told several of his students to close them down and they did. they walked in took certificates off walls and told them the doors better be closed next week when they came back, and they were.

If you train to defend yourself and then when the time comes and you are put to the test you do not then your training has been in vain.
    I will not fight without being pushed to the extreme and then some. I have walked awy from many fights and suffered the sayings going on that I was scared, or no good.

I am a better person now than I was then.

Humblely Frank

Well gosh, the actions of your group don't sound any better than the SD group - with the exception that you guys probably do kung fu.

I just don't understand why anyone cares what another school is doing, unless they are in some way harming people like the CMQ / OYD group has.

I'm glad you look at things differently today, it sounds like you have good lessons to teach your students.

I don't get to the south much, but I'd love to see some of the NG family material. It sounds very intriguing.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Monkeyslap youre right. I don't care what the sd or other groups do. But in the Ng Family if you intend to harm one of ours then we will defend this is why it is called Family. But the right thing to do after learning is to make friends not enemies. I went to a tournament once a this guy that I knew won his division in fighting (points not full contact) when I was leaving the guy he beat and his friends was in this guys face. Instead of stopping the confrontation with violence I simply pointed out that this was only tournament that was suppose to be fun. But if they wanted to really fight then it was to be even not 4 on 1. I suggested that they meet in the next tournament which was in 2 weeks, this way they could train for more. After about a half hour of talking they finally left. In the next tournament the other guy had won and after that they became sort of friends and today they make a game of it because one will win then the other.
    My attitude that I had before maturing came from the Marine Corps training. I was in Force Recon. The Ng Family training and my teacher Grandmaster Winglock John Ng has taught me humbleness and love for my fellow martial artist.

I want to think Beikonghui for your compliment. And to Shane for your input. Words out of the mouth before knowing the facts can bring enemies or ill feelings toward one another. Be Humble and a Witness to your brothers and sisters and students in the Martial Arts.

Humblly Frank
    Last edited by FRANK SEXTON; 07-24-2002 at 09:03 AM.