Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quiz time! What do you know about Carl Dechiara?

Thumbs up Quiz time! What do you know about Carl Dechiara?

Since, in the past few months this forum has been drowned with Carl Dechiara and his Wing Chun, I thought it might be a great idea to develop a summary of what we've all learned or already know about him.

So, what do you know about Carl Dechiara, either via this forum or by any other means? (no posting by Red5angel preferred)
    Last edited by Sabu; 07-11-2002 at 06:58 PM.
    Love is the answer.

(You forgot thumbs up)

I'll start.

Carl lives in Ohio.

red5angel is excited about Carl in Minnesota.

Carl hired an advertising agent with no PR skill.

Carl doesn't get to Toronto much.

3. He travelled through time and defeated Kublar Khan

I know that Carl is a good guy, and one of the best martial artists I have seen. He is incredibly dedicated to his art, and to teaching. If you met him, I believe that many of you would feel the same. Now play nice.

lol@AD!
    Last edited by kungfu cowboy; 07-11-2002 at 06:49 PM.

He is surely a good Wing Chun guy!

I'm certain theres a big RED nose stuck up his butt!!!

At the carnival never did see the wares but the barker is ubiquitous.

Sabu, how can you not include me in this thread!? Go check him out, see what it is he has for yourself, it would be worth your while

That I would not train with him, no matter how good he is. If this is what he instills in his students, I would not want any part of it. You are part of your lineage and Sifu, how your Sifu talks and his actions become a part of you, if you really want to know the art. I believe Red is not even a student under Carl, but a student of Michael's, because of this Red has no idea what a Sifu is, that's why he acts the way he does. To only see someone once in a while does not make a Sifu in my book. Seniors and Juniors of his lineage have asked him to relax a little, but he does not, because he really is not of this lineage first hand, otherwise he would listen. He's like a little kid running all over the place, looking for attention. I hope this does not offend true Leung Sheung lineage people, but I believe you have a problem insuing with this Red fellow.
    John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.

Question One thing I would like to know about him !

How can he tolerate one of his student's student to talk so much about him this way?...I know I would have a serious talk with him if I was his sigung and I would give him only one alternative.

The other question is : Who is really red5angel?...

Red is ok he just has that newbie enthusiasm that we all went/go through when we first start. Don't ya remember tellin' anybody that would listen all about your new wing chun classes. He's probably wearing his uniform to the grocery store and wearing kung fu slippers to work. Most likely he's asking for chopstix at the local Mcdonalds trying to eat a big mac with em' so he can impress all the "White Eggs" sitting around him. Always waiting for someone to ask why he's wearing all these silly chinaman clothes and eatin' big macs so he can explain how he's a student of wing chun kung fu.Bothering old people and single moms with his silly kung fu stepping and air punches to show off his incredible root. Aaaahhhh...to be young again!!!

Wink I was thinking exactly like you!

But do you have adolescent kids?...I used to!...And now that they are human again, I would never like them to be young again!...

Next time I sit at the Mc Donald and see some punk with kung fu slippers on,I'll stomp his foot real hard!

Aaaahhhh...to be young again!!!
    I though he was supposed to be a grown man?

The other question is : Who is really red5angel?...
    Could be Carl looking for some free advertising (??)
    S.Teebas

Question "Could be Carl looking for some free advertising (??)"

I have to say the thought crossed my mind. I KNOW,I would not let a student talk so much about myself in this idolatric manner.
    Who knows?...

Well, it seems like somebody had advertising in mind!