Thread: Meditation Steps

Meditation Steps

What would be a good meditation technique to start out on? Would it be Microcosmic orbit, innersmile, 6 healing sounds, or something else? I want to pick one and stick with only it...so I want to choose the right one. Please reply and shed your knowledge.

If you want an excellent meditation to begin with and one that will be of infinite value, begin with watching the breath and counting the breaths. This simple meditation is capable of yielding the greatest gains and promotes a very thorough sense of relaxation when one is attentive to the practice. Continually add on breaths as you become more and more comfortable doing so until you able to watch the breath as long as you choose to. You can take a similar mindset into every day life and continually be attentive of the moment, which is what that meditation is suggesting.

Keep it simple to begin with.
    First learn to quiet the mind.
    Following the breath - as Nexus mentioned - is very simple and yet amazingly effective.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

zazen

ss what is your ultimate goal for training your mind?

i only ask because maybe we could help you better

my reccomendation is that your practice lifting the sky 20-30 times in the morning and at night every day

and practice stretching so that you can sit in the lotus or atleast the half lotus position..if you already can sit in the lotus position then go into that position and try focusing your mind on the void wich is to say nothing, if a thought arises gently be rid of it

again if you could state what your goal is maybe you should find a competent master or teacher who can advise you it is very possible that you could reach your goals 2 or 3 times faster than by yourself

also if you like you could try some standing meditation after lifting the sky, i reccomend it anyway
    Everything comes from That which cannot be named nor described because it is beyond man's comprehension; but for convenience it is called Tao.
    Lao Tzu

anyone know any good sites, that list different types of meditation?
    ~Aku, Soku Zan

Thumbs up

Wow,I donīt even know those techniques,Iīm no meditation expert though,qi-gong comes more clearer to me.
    I recommend trying simple breath control at first,
    abdominal,reverse abdominal or just simple chest breathing practice.
    This is how I have practiced (pure meditation,not chi-kung type)
    apply half-lotus posture (this is zazen,so itīs sitting meditation)
    put your hands on your lap.
    Straighten your torso,close your eyes,breathe naturally and comfortably,DONīT think,empty mind is necessary.
    I was/am into it for health benefits,does help your training too.
    Search the net and youīll probably catch something.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

WTF
    Former talking about trying qigong, wow you never know what you can dig up here!
    Last edited by bodhitree; 07-23-2003 at 08:01 AM.
    Bless you

exactly!! Former talking about something...of the orient?!!? in a positive manner? WOW!! hehe

Stop dissing FC.
    He knows what he's talking about.

Former
    now that your back
    read what ya posted!
    Bless you

11. Thumbs up

What can I read?
    My historical output? Nothing self-contradictory there,for my standards.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-