Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this guys stances?

What do you think of this guys stances?

http://www.tcp.com/~mint/Hung-Gar.html

In his horse stance, the feet are outside of the knees and the feet are turned out.

In his "crane beak" pose he looks like he's leaning to his right... his head of right of his foot and his balance looks off.

But what do I know?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

dude, this is a blatant troll

even if he was retarded, its hunggar, its history is established, who cares what the current dudes look like, as long as they can teach you the original skill, then hopefully with your big ****, you can be as good as WongFei!.

Yeah, asking questions is trolling

Anyone with anything meaningful to say can reply, too

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

seriously man

its not like the guy says hes wongfeis sun, if kunglek sees this you'll be banned

this seriously is a troll, and i know thats not your intent, think about it.

its questions but you should have asked is this the right way to doit

not what do you think of this guys skill level?
    serious thats just evil.

then you shouldnt have even posted this site

but went to a hunggar board and asked them how to do the moves, yaknow. i mean its cool one bad post out of a thousand.

A little high, but not horribly. They do represent the stance changes. Foot positions and body postures vary from style to stlye.

People do horse stance different ways. I don't think there is one "correct" way of doing it. I don't think that looks a bad way of doing it, as long as its serving the purpose what does it matter?

Who put a quarter in Diego?!

Ironfist, its a legite question, and I agree with you, he looks a little off, doesnt mean he isnt a good hung gar practitioner, just could have been a bad shot.

Does anybody agree/disagree with me about the horse stance?

I'm sorry, I don't get it at all. That's unlike anything I've ever seen. I can't even duplicate it without being out of balance.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

It doesn't look off balance to me. Hey Diego, look at the straight punch and lemme know what ya think about that overly bent leg. He claims its based on White Crane (and most likely Hop Gar).

Peace
    Zvika

Anyone else think that tigar claw stance is too long? I do.
    Zvika

The horse is hard to judge without locking legs and testing it, same with his bow and arrow. Its a matter of does he know how and when to use them.

BUT

The black guy's bow and arrow. Look at his back, the arch, he has a breaking point. The tiget claw will mean di(k if he takes a rush because he will bend back at that point and break.

The side kick is a perfect example of HOW NOT TO KICK. All his weight is going backwards to try and to a fancy high kick. I'd take that kick head on and just toss him back, NO POWER.

When kicking, power, focus and intention should be: ------>

interesting

The stances all appear to have too much pulling back of the soulders, the Bow looks good, except for the excessive bend in the back leg.

The big ouch is in the photo which Is "suposed" to be a Cat? stance. There is no sinking, and it looks like he is leaning BACK to get the weight off the foot, using the principals of a See-Saw, instead of rooting and sinking with the wieght centered on the supporting leg like a standing post as he should.

As for the Tiger claw in bow stance, if you look, his body is arched, I think it's all suposed to be a straight line. He is VERY tight in the hipps, and appears to be concentraighting more on going low than his structure. He needs to sink the hipps, straighten the back, and tuck the tail bone a bit to relive the excessive arch problem he has. Basically, instead of postitioning the hipp correctly, he's compensating by over arching the back.

I am well aware of this problem, as it used to be a big one for me personally, especially after my back went out.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a