Thread: Excellent grip strength article

Excellent grip strength article

http://martialarts.about.com/library.../aa022800a.htm This article has a bunch of exercises for grip strength, as well as information on books and sites that deal with grip strength. I thought it gave a ton of information about grip strength, if you're interested. http://martialarts.about.com/gi/dyna...pstrength.html (Wow!)
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

If you like those sorts of exercises I highly recommend the book "Dynamic Strength" by Harry Wong. It has exercises similar to those for the whole body. I got my book for under $10.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Dynamic Strength

I have the same book, dude, Did you read that article about the guys tearing and bending coins? Insane!
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

Cool

Talk about a cool party trick!

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Excellent Article. A lot of it comes out of the book "Mastery of Hand Strength", by James Brookfield. That guy can roll up a frying pan with his bare hands!!

Another place for great books on hand strength and old time strength training is http://www.superstrengthbooks.com. They have books written by Arthur Saxon and some other guys mentioned in that article.

Flattop Monk

Try this exercise

An excellent grip exercise that with added bonus of pleasing the missus

The day my washing machine broke down and I had to do the laundry by hand...
    try going through a pile of soaking wet laundry and squeezing every last drop of water out of each piece of clothing.
    Guaranteed forearm burn
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

Is she okay?