Thread: On chanting

On chanting

I recently started chanting (with a CD called Holy Harmony- you can read about it at healingsounds.com, in the products section). I seem to be experiencing some interesting benefits, but hard to pinpoint them so far. Anyone else here chant? Is chanting considered to be like a form of chiqong- that is, is it supposed to build/accumulate qi or remove qi blockages? thanks-
    Last edited by brucelee2; 07-14-2002 at 10:05 AM.

chanting

ive personally never heard of chanting as a chi kung technique

for buddhists chanting sutras is a means for other beings to recieve the buddhas teaching, when they cant partake in the teachings by themselves or from a master(like ghosts)

or it is used as a means to bless other beings..buddhists never chant to bless themselves

though chanting can be a way for an individual to recieve blessings from a bodhisattva

but as far as i know..no its not used for opening energy meridians or blockages etc..

but who knows keep going at it and if you cant find any satisfactory answers seek help from a master
    Everything comes from That which cannot be named nor described because it is beyond man's comprehension; but for convenience it is called Tao.
    Lao Tzu