Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yau Kung Mun Website?

Yau Kung Mun Website?

Does anyone know of a YKM website with some video clips? Im just interested to see how this style really look. We have a YKM school in a neighbouring city, but every time they perform, they only do lion dance. I have never seen their kung fu although I hear they are great. They also never enter kung fu competitions for some reason.
    thanks in advance
    Eddie

Yau Kung Mun Website

This is sifu Garry's site. He's located in Australia.
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm/

This link belong to YKM in Cali.
    http://www.ykmusa.com/

Take care,
    Buby

EDDIE

Hi Mate,

Ill be having some mpegs up on fighting techniques and other stuff on my site hopefully buy the weekend!

ill let you know more soon.

dod u know the teachers school in south africa?

cheers
    Garry

What is YKM???

J/K M8

Talking

**** rednecks are everywhere!

WHO'S YA DADDY?

TN

Better yet! What the hell is a Chattanooga? Is that some sort of ninja clan?

Buby

Wink Buby

Dont you know the song man, chattanooga on a cho cho?

hahahha wow

Tn dont tell me they named your town after that song? I know they have 7 toes and 12 fingers on each hand, but man tell me im wrong bro?

fiercest tiger,
    gíday mate

The YKM sifu is called Master Gary Chan, but I dont know his chinese name. He also teach taiji and he also has a TCM practice.

Master Chan is an internation judge in Lion and Dragon dance, and he is very good at playing lion. His son is also pretty well skilled, although I have never seen his kung fu. As far as I know, Master Chan does not take new students for kung fu anymore. They also never perform their kung fu in public (not that I know off).

I cant recall ever seing YKM forms, although I have seen some pak mei kung fu. The pak mei I saw was like wc and southern mantis which is more stationary than styles like hung ga and CLF. Im just interested to see what YKM looks like as someone told me it has ties with pak mei. Is it the same style?

Your website is nice. Thanks for the time. Let me know when you update it. I'm pretty interested in your taoist background, maybe we could have some chats away from the forums.
    Eddie

eddie

Ok, thanks ill try and find out this guys lineage as i dont know him or have heard of him. But lion dance is really big in the hongkong and u.s.a branch as this brings in the cash flow. Here in OZ my we tend to be more on the fighting and kung fu side of things, but our lion dance is one of the best here as well.

Check my site by the weekend, ive been playing around with a new digital camera and trying to edit some mpegs for the techniques and all sorts of things. so ill post here for you to know if there up.

take care mate
    garry

OK!

I should have some mpegs up tonight, hopefully the quality is ok, its a trial run for better clips later im still new to this editing and producing etc.

There will be downloads on techniques from our 1st form on different attacks and scenarios. There will be a short clip on our internal form,lol it has a wooden ball exercise as well for strength etc. It will have the start of the Sek sze form, so you guys can see if its like your BAKKKK MEEEEI.

OK, so if any of you have problems with downloading it please email me or let me know if you run into problems.

thanks
    Garry FT

YKM

Hi Eddie, I have heard that FT is pretty goog at the old YKM, ask himabout his correspondence course with what the Australian exchange rate is at these days it woul probably cost less than parking meter change!
    Last edited by grogan; 07-17-2002 at 09:44 PM.
    "Yeah baby of course it real, it's all me all 12 inches of Grogan!"
    "No baby that's not a Handy Cam mounted to the ceiling, that's my new fangled smoke detector".

Grogan,
    Hi, Im not interested in learning YKM, I was just wondering what it looked like . I love martial arts and love watching different styles perform.

I study the best style on this planet
    CHOY LAY FUT !!!!!!

eddie-CHOY LAY FUT !!!!!!

then you realy need some help,i think f.t's ykm is to much for you,since you only do clf.

may i suggest "line dancing" for you.lol

Okay, there are some clips up on the site now... a small section of Sek Sze Kuen, a little bit of our internal forms, and a start to the techniques workshop page (more on that in the next couple of days).

There is also a small breakdown of yin & yang hands with photos & dim mak points.

The files for the vids are pretty big, so if your connection is any slower than cable i would recommend that you right click on the links & save the clip rather than trying to stream it from the web. This way you wont have to sit there while it buffers for ages. I also dont think it will work on Macs, windows format only at the moment (sorry people).

Let me know what you think. I cant wait to hear all the sh!t im going to get for this... lol

see below for the link to my site.

FT

Buby

It is a Cherrokee name(It means road work),also a major riverport during the Civil War.

The song came out of WW2 when they shipped ya'll Yankees
    done here(through Chattanooga) so us Southerners could teach
    ya'll how to shoot.

Besides,I'm from the Carolinas,thats a place now where us Southerners teach ya'll how to swim on the way to Florida