Thread: Fairtex

Fairtex

I'm looking for a few pieces of gear. Punching mits, boxing gloves, head gear, chest protector and shin pads. Mainly for training and SanShou (I hope )

So me question is. What do you guys think of fairtex supplies? It would probably be Fairtex stuff or whatever I could get from titleboxing.com Title Boxing has better prices but I am wondering if the Fairtex stuff would be worth the extra money. When it comes to something like fighting and training I want the best stuff, within reason, I don't want to pay $200 for a pair of gloves. For a tourney better gear could make a big difference even just in the sense of comfort.

The main thing is for the gloves. I have a chest protector from when I was a wee Martial Artist, it is bulkier that I like. The Fairtex chest protector looks good.

another thing is the Shin guards. I can get them for $20 at Title and about $40 from Fairtex.

I also have the traditional head geard like what a lot of Karate/TKD people use, open face foam dipped stuff. Would this work for something like SanShou? I don't know how nit picky the rules are for gear. Would head gear like that found on fairtex.com give a lot more protection?

I know there are some fellows from NY that use Fairtex stuff maybe you guys/gals could give some unbiased input. And also anyone else who has experience with different brands of gear and web sites please post too. Thanks.

The prices from titleboxing you mentioned sound really good, but i'm not familiar with them so i dunno if their stuff is good quality. However, I can tell you that Fairtex gear is without a doubt pretty near top quality.

As for the headgear, if training san shou or anything else full contact I would not under any circumstances use one of those foam macho gear type things! Steer clear of that point fighting crap and get yourself a boxing headgear.

spend good money on headgear… I haven't worn the foam dipped since I was 13… and I haven't seen anybody use them in san shou… as for gloves… I used cheap ones I got from a sporting goods store… why spend $$$ on gloves that u are gonna wear down training... i dont have a pair of 'fight' gloves yet... altho, i'm in love with the MEXICO gloves from ringside.com... i dont know why tho... i think it's just good marketing... and so far every tourny that i've been to supply gloves and they haven't been too shabby as of yet... as far as focus mitts... i would get some thai pads instead of gettin focus mitts AND thai pads... just to save a few $$$... what can i say, i'm an accountant... i'm cheap by occupation...

Get a decent pair of bag gloves.

Get a good pair of fight gloves.

I find the fairtex shinpads to be a little thick, myself.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Whats all this talk of pads, I thought you guys were supposed to be fighters!!!!!

I like some of the REVGEAR gloves...RINGSIDE doesn't sale head gears anymore...however they have a link to an External source. Sun Zu...when's the next B MORE san shou touney...I haven't been to one in 3 years!
    A

I just bought some Fairtex 12 ouncers - I'm pretty happy with the quality.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

I've heard that the Fairtex stuff is pretty good but never really talked about it too much.

I know what you guys mean the foam dipped head gear is not very good, the only thing I have used it for since I was about 16 is a few times training. I forgot I do have a pretty decent piece of head gear, it is the one from Karate mart with the face cage. The face piece comes of with no problems and provides pretty good protection. I will still probably get a good hat from fairtex or one the other places for tourneys.

I agree with 2 pairs, one for training and one for fighting. One thing though I think it is good to train in whatever gear you are going to wear in a tourney though so have a good feel for it. Just like shooting a gun I like to shoot 500-1000 rounds to get a good feel for it before I would want to use it for self defense.

I am planning on getting two of the Thai guards too but the punching mits on title boxing are only $20 for a pair, it's hard to pass up that price.

Red,

LOL, good one.

This i sgood info keep it coming