Thread: Grandmaster Ricard Guerra, Back in the WT fold?

Grandmaster Ricard Guerra, Back in the WT fold?

In a recent Inside Kung Fu magazine, Wing Tsun Grandmaster Richard Guerra indicated that his organization is a member of the International Wing Tsun organization headed by GGM Leung Ting.

So are the American Wing Tsun organization and the American Wing Tsun Warrior Association sister groups?

Is Grandmaster Guerra ranked at the same level as Grandmaster Kernspetch or is he 9th level?

I was wondering how GM Guerra was able to be in the WT family as a separate organization, whereas Emin Boztepe's EBMAS seems unable to be a sister organization here in the US in the same fashion?

Does this make GM Guerra the senior WT instructor in the United States?
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

Interesting times.

Hawkins Cheung is listed as a tai chi affiliate in the Leung Ting
    home page- or wasa few weeks ago. I know that he has been doing/teaching taichi for a while in addition to the wing chun..

i thought guerra went out in the mid 80's, then i think he went with yip chun, but ive never met the chap so this is all hearsay. might be an instructor, but the level as WT goes, i dont think he went passed 3rd technition level, maybe he only got second level, i have to go back in my papers an check.