Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Check this out...

F.Y.I.

Hello all,

Ng Family Kung Fu is the most awsome and effective system I have seen.

This is my opinion and others may feel differently, there is nothing wrong with that.

My only suggestion is to find what is best for you, train diligently in that method and do so while promoting the Chinese arts, not trying to tear one another down.

Hung Ga, Bak Mei, Chang Chuan, Ba Gua, all have thier own methods. This does not make any one better than another nor does it make any one right and one wrong in their methods of training.

Please reseach and experiance before you pass judgment.

Daniel Eckart
    Last edited by Daniel; 08-02-2002 at 01:46 PM.

WISE WORDS

Wise words Daniel
    I myself looked for many years before finding the system for me. I tried shaolin do, tkd, shotokan, issinryu, kempo, I even studied under Jerry Petet in JKD( a bruce lee original student). but until I met John Ng I could fill that hunger that I had. It is the person that must find what they want. And when you find what you want then you must set your goals and reach them.

A man whom doen't have any goals in his life is liken unto a balloon in the wind. He will be tossed here and there and will never know where he will finally end up at.

Frank Sexton 1993

Remember all that there is a difference between style and system.
    A style is individual piece of a system and the system is the whole of it all.
    Drunken, Monkey, Tiger, Crane etc... are all styles .
    Ng Family, Shaolin, Kempo etc... these are systems.
    Last edited by FRANK SEXTON; 08-02-2002 at 08:45 AM.

Originally posted by Serpent
    It amuses me that you're so convinced that I don't practice kung fu. What makes you so sure of that? You're so convinced that you know everything, so proud of your superiority.

Making sweeping generalisations and personal attacks on someone over the internet, based on absolutely no evidence just makes you look even more arrogant than you manage with your other opinions.
    Ha!! POT YOU'RE BLACK!!!!
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Wow, this was dredged up from the past. All I did was offer simething up for discussion, on a discussion forum, and all the haters come out! No surprise here, I guess.

Anyway, the guys themselves have come on and offered something to the discussion far more constructive than HKV or meecer.

Anybody else have experience of this system? Really, I'm just interested to learn more about it.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Serpent
    It amuses me that you're so convinced that I don't practice kung fu. What makes you so sure of that? You're so convinced that you know everything, so proud of your superiority.

Making sweeping generalisations and personal attacks on someone over the internet, based on absolutely no evidence just makes you look even more arrogant than you manage with your other opinions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by themeecer
    Ha!! POT YOU'RE BLACK!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, meecer, HKV has no grounds whatsoever to decide whether I do or don't practice kung fu. On the other hand, I know Shaolin-Do sucks arse. You started it!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Actually, meecer, HKV has no grounds whatsoever to decide whether I do or don't practice kung fu. On the other hand, I know Shaolin-Do sucks arse. You started it! [/B]
    Really? And how many SD students have you fought?
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

Really? And how many SD students have you fought?
    Do you really want to get all this started again? It's been pretty civil around here since you went into retirement.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Yeah, civil when you are permitted to run your mouth dragging someone's style through the dirt with no opposition. But relax, I am making a point here. Both Serpent and Frank are making the same mistake on here.

It amazes me how much you all get your panties in a bunch over issues that shouldn't affect you. I could give a flying flip for which great gooblygock was your great great great great grandmaster. If you say you have a direct lineage to the temple, then I am happy for you. Really I am. And I don't doubt you. I know with having a 1500 year history that there can be countless groups with lineages going back to the temples. I really don't understand the need to bring others style down, that many of the people on here do. It is like the silly argument over which is better, a Chevy or a Ford. How does other people driving a Ford affect you when you are driving a Chevy? It doesn't. I'm not saying "we should all hug and be friends," because quite honestly there are a couple on here that I would kick their teeth in if I ever met them. I'm just saying to not get worked up about something that doesn't matter.
    -shaolinarab

there are a couple on here that I would kick their teeth in if I ever met them.
    I can't wait for this to turn into a challenge.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

No challenge needed because there is no freakin way I am traveling halfway across the country or the world to appease my anger. If I am itching to fight I'll just go out here on the street and pick one.
    -shaolinarab

Yeah, civil when you are permitted to run your mouth dragging someone's style through the dirt with no opposition. But relax, I am making a point here. Both Serpent and Frank are making the same mistake on here.
    Funny how you have nothing to contribute to any conversation that isn't SD-hate related, huh? Here's an idea....you want to be taken seriously as a martial artists...prove you know something about them by discussing techniques and theory in a competent manner.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

I have in other threads.
    -shaolinarab

I have in other threads.
    Yeah. I remember hearing things like "Grappling is a fad," and "bite out the jugular"....

I said "competent" manner.....

Check the internal threads.
    -shaolinarab

Jesus Huang, who took a growl in your corn flakes?!
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.