Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: US planning to recruit one in 24 Americans as citizen spies

maybe if mohammed atta's neighbors were a little more nosey they would have discovered that his dumb ass was about to fly a plane into a building.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

maybe if mohammed atta's neighbors were a little more nosey they would have discovered that his dumb ass was about to fly a plane into a building.
    nahhh… they would have ended up dead… now see that's another thang… now u gonna have nosy chuck norris wannabes getting themselves killed ****in with the wrong people… but I guess they'll be considered 'national hero's'…

They probably would have been arested, let out on bond, and **** would have hit the fan on the 14th.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

or Atta or who ever…would've called the cops on the neighbors and had them charged with tresspassing…

And some of these christians actually believe in they god and they think they are killing lucifers angels by sniping peeps at abortion clinics. And its possible these types are running the show2!.
    that's the scariest dammn thang I've read in a while… jihad vs. angels of god… buddah bless us all…

Anyone who results to violence in response to something that they don't agree with should be shot and killed.

This is taking reality based programming a little too far.

And some of these christians actually believe in they god and they think they are killing lucifers angels by sniping peeps at abortion clinics. And its possible these types are running the show2!.
    Yeah, because even though it sounds %100 percent like, "Nuh-uh, no way!", just take a look at Jerry Springer's and other sensationalistic media ratings. It makes me want to poo.

Originally posted by rogue
    Much ado about nothing. Unofficially the US Postal Service (aka mailmen) have been used for years to report on this kind of thing. For example mail carriers have helped Child Protective Services by reporting cases of chronic child abuse that they've witnessed.
    Personally I don't have a problem with the TIPS program
    The issue here is one of motives. Postal workers and others who report crimes and abuse now do so out of concern, patriotism, citizenship- for the most part good reasons. Those recruited by the government to spy on neighbors and fellow citizens do so out of a sense of self importance, a sense of belonging to some secrative government agency, a misplaced hero complex. Those who go for this are petty, self serving, hateful individuals with no morals. It has historically allways been this way, and it has allways been abused.

It has in every case led to an atmosphere of hatred and mistrust at every level of society. This is not much ado about nothing. It is outright victory for Osama and all terrorists. We are about to do to ourselves what all their bombs and fanatics could not do. That is to impose the worst kind of terror on ourselves, the fear of everyone you come into contact with on a daily basis.

Well said DNC.

Which of the forum members will be the rat? How about Law of the Fist, would we all like him being responsible for monitoring us? Maybe Ralek? BJJISTHEBEST? Who would make the best rat for KFO?

Remember, we are all thugs with potential ties to a communist government. Some of us are even Texans.

We need to be monitored!

Texans have they own gummint.

Please read carefully...
    Highlighting the scope of the surveillance network, TIPS volunteers are being recruited primarily from among those whose work provides access to homes, businesses or transport systems. Letter carriers, utility employees, truck drivers and train conductors are among those named as targeted recruits.
    Do you all have a neighborhood watch? I belong and if I see someone nosing around my neighborhood I'll nose around them. This is pretty much the samething. They're not looking for Joe Citizen to "spy" on their neighbors, they're looking to recruit those who are likely to see something odd during their normal work day.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

We are about to do to ourselves what all their bombs and fanatics could not do. That is to impose the worst kind of terror on ourselves, the fear of everyone you come into contact with on a daily basis.
    I can't believe the crap that goes on! Life eventually sucks a ss even if it seems like you are the grand poobah, and are given carte blanc! Why make up other utterly stupid stuff to make it suck even worse? We should all be pals. Eventually, we will realize that this can be accomplished through cloning, and this will last until all the antimatter in the universe goes on a killing spree.

I would like to go on some kind of a spree. They sound fun!

The actions of the US government in the wake of 9/11 have some severe implications for personal freedom.

http://www.ccr-ny.org/whatsnew/usa_patriot_act.asp

In times of crisis the executive branch often engages in a power grab. The separation of powers was set up to prevent this. Unfortunately, terrorism fears has caused Congress to capitulate. Hopefully, the Supreme Court won't, though, personally, I doubt it.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Rogue,
    It's the "primarily" in there that leaves the opening for such views. Anyway, what would be the point of the system if it didn't cover the internet?

I still don't like the idea of it. I understand your point, but I still think it's funky, and the utility guy will still be "joe citizen" spying on his neighbors. It makes him even less culpable, really, as the people he's spying on he probably won't ever see again.