Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to know everything i can about Hung Fa Yi Wing chun

wow

were did you find that article on Dr. Wu. that is cool. its really funny that they call him grandmaster Wu. Dr. wu always considered himself a student. Him and my sifu don't like terms like "grandmaster" and "master" because it implies that you know everything. Dr. wu used to say that people became "masters" on the boat over to america.
    when hands stick to hands there is no place to go.

Back issues

If you want to read Benny's research, here is the issue on Hung Fa Yi & Benny
    The article
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=141

The issue:
    http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...mag20sepi.html

And here is one on Chi Sim
    http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf200109.html
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Fajing - Sum Nung's system, and the various derivations thereof, are probably the most popular in the Guangzhou region. Mai Gei Wong's system is also quite popular in the Pearl River area.

Lun Gai, one of the early Foshan students of Yip Man, teaches in Foshan. Chan Yiu-Min (Chan Wah-Shun's son)'s family teaches in Shunde. They also have additional forms, weapons, etc.

Rgds,

RR

Extra Forms!!!!!!!!

Rene
    How many more forms are there?
    What are the names of the forms?

wingchunalex

I found the article by useing Google Search engine actually i knew it was there a year ago .

wingchunalex

I wonder if your version of Wing Chun has anthing to do with whats in the three books by Joseph Wayne Smith some of the techniques you mention in your Wing Chun sound like similar techniques that he uses like the Eagle Claw but his is Foshan Wing Chun and they call it Ng Mui Pai but i have herd that Joseph Wayne Smiths Wing Chun Has Yip Man Yip Chun Wing Chun in it and Pan Nam and Yuen Kay San Wing Chun . But you said your comes from Canton .

wingchunalex

Also I think that maybe you might have Pan Nam Wing Chun in your Wing Chun as his is the the only one that i ever herd use the Eagle Claw that is where Joseph Wayne smith got his Eagle Claw techniques from Pan Nam Wing Chun but you said your style does look like Pan Nam Wing Chun somewhat interesting but also Yip Man Wing Chun.

Smith's sifu, Felix Leung, learned Sum Nung, Mai Gei Wong, Pan Nam, and Yip Man WCK. He teaches in Australia.

RR

WC lineage

Man, how you WC guys ever keep track of all your lineages astounds me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene - We actually have a secret lab in the desert chock'full of the same software you use to keep track of subscribers and inventory. That and half the names are actually made up outside a small town in New Mexico...

RR

Question for wingchunalex

Are you Dai Sihing at your school and what's the average size of your class(how many students).?

Also was your Sifu a Todi along side Chris Minor.?

Hi wingchunalex. I just want to ask you one question. why did you post such a negative responce about HFYWC? I mean you havn't even met Benny or been to the VTM, so why are you speculating? I believe people should go check it out for themselves no matter if it's HFY or any other system. I could say that your school sucks too, even if it's not. Out of ten readers, five might believe me and five might have an open mind and decide to check out your school for themselves. So, I could have discouraged five people to not go. Choices must be made by the individual. In my opinion, that negative responce was unneccessary.

I advise, for those who's looking for a school, to go check out as many schools as possible and choose the one you like. What's the worse that can happen??
    why don't somebody take a 45 and bang! settle it?

14. Re: WC lineage

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Man, how you WC guys ever keep track of all your lineages astounds me.
    For some people, the successes of the past are all they have.

wingchunalex- thanks for your honest evaluation. If someone wants to learn hung fa Yi- that is there business. But I find the claim that HFY is complete while regular wing chun is not-to be just an advertising scheme and basically boring.