Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lien Bu Quan

Question Lien Bu Quan

Does anyone know of any online video clips or photo sequences of Lien Bu Quan (Lien Pu Chuan, Linked Step Fist, Longquan, Dragon Fist) form? I would like to compare versions. Thanks for your assistance.

longquan88@hotmail.com

I saw one a few months ago - I'll see if I can find it
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

good news and bad news. the good news is that I found it. the bad news is that he now has the site password protected for some reason. even if you register for the site, the section where the form is will deny you access to it. Maybe you can email him and ask him for access.

www.chinahand.com
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

there are a few photos here:

http://www.shaolinlongfist.homestead.com/

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Thanks

Thanks for your help. For such a common form, it is suprisingly difficult to find online documentation.

it's difficult because of the spelling. search all of these:

lian bu chuan
    lian bu quan
    lien bu chuan
    lien bu quan

there is another called lim po, which also translates to "continuous step" If I'm not mistaken, it's the same form.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

try
    Lin Bo Kune

Still no luck...

I still have not found a complete sequence. Anyway, I ask about for information about this form about once a year on this forum. This form is pretty much my sole focus. Nice to see some old faces still around. Again, thanks for your help.

The link given by Sevenstars contains the forms trained in Nanjing Longfist (specially Yi Lu and Er Lu Mai Fu, the Lian Bu and Gong Li transmitted from Jingwoo, Cha's Si Lu Ben Zha and San Lu Pao etc...).
    Apparently, their Lian Bu, Gong Li, Yi Lu and Er Lu, judged from the few photos there are, were passed down from Yang Jwing Ming (he appears in the pics with the instructors).
    Have you tried Yang's book "Shaolin Long Fist kung fu"?? There's the Nanjing version of Lian Bu in it as taught by Li Mao Ching.
    Or maybe I could find someone to shoot pictures of me doing the form and send them to you, if you have broadband...
    I also seen the Chang Su Yao Lian Bu, and it looks quite different, eventhough there are sections or isolated moves that make no doubt the forms come from some sort of common ancestor.
    Hope that helped
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

There are videos available of this set. Try here through martialartsmart.com and look through the vids.

Wing Lam has a video of this set as well and Dr Yang Jwing Ming also has a book out with the form in it. As well Dennis Rovere has compiled a bit of information on this set /style.

It is an elementary introduction set to the ten core sets of North Shaolin. It teaches quite a few of the hand strikes and stepping patterns of North Shaolin. Though not comprehensive of the Bak Sil Lum style, it introduces the student to the foundations of stepping and striking.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Rovere.com

Is this style related to the 1930's comando tactics taught to the Chinese guerilla units and used against the Japanese in the Sino-Japanese war??

Dennis Rovere teaches it. He learned from a gentleman in Canada, from what I remember.
    May Your Blade Chip and Shatter

as far as I know, that style you are referring to was actually based off of the form that longquan is looking for. There are alot of combat effective techniques in it, and it served as the base for the style lian bu chuan.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Meltdawn

Yes, I would like to see your version. I do have a broadband connection. Also, if you are interested in my version, I can send a photo sequence by the end of the week. My version is also from the Central MA Institute Nanking but it is very different from Dr. Yang's. It is from Wang Shu Jen from the first class.

Again, thanks to all for their assistance.

Also Meltdawn

The common origin of this form is the Nanking institute where it was developed in 1928 or so. It amazes me the number of variations developed since then.

Maybe I lost my mind....

Reading too many posts. My above posts addressed to Meltdawn are addressed to Crimson Phoenix.

Sorry for the idiocy... :-)