Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chi and blood what is the connection?

Blog Entries

Chi and blood what is the connection?

Same as topic.

There isn't a connection. Otherwise it would be called "chiblood" which it isn't.

Or did you want us to make up some fancy TCM description that is satisfactory and encourages you to spread the gospel to others?

Oh ok, if your question is actually sincere, I suggest you read Ken Cohens book 'The Way of Qi Gong' - Actually I haven't read it, but others have suggested to read it and I am just passing on the suggestion.

They are intertwined. In TCM, the saying is tha Qi is the commander of the blood. Qi is the motive force behind blood circulation and nourishes the blood and also works with Jing (essence) in blood production.

It can get quite complicated but that is the short hand version of it.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    With the saying that chi follows the blood, it might seem that chi travels throughout the body regularly. Visiting immediately after the blood pulses to that organ or area...like the wake of a boat, following yet outside the straight-line behind the boat's front (wakemaker), also, moving outward as the boat goes forward--Ernie Moore Jr.

One might thinkthat as a boat cuts through waterthe blood seperates the chee. Which would be why one hits after the pulse. Because the chee is not there to protect? after the blood cuts through. But closes back like water after a perfect dive--disruption. Then ripples (wake). Then stillness (?Wu Chi?) (Not to be confused with, wu chi mama).--Ernie Moore Jr. :~>
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

ARRRGGGGGG you all make me sooooooo MAD
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Correction:
    The Qi commands (leads) the Xue (blood).
    The Xue nourishes the Qi.

Also:
    Qi flows in the meridians.
    Xue flows in the Xue Mai (blood vessels).

More info.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Taoboy...I did not go into that detail because the nourishment of Xue and Qi is actually both ways - the Xue nourising Qi is the primary path as you pointed out........ ...but then you get into the triad of Jing, Xue, Qi and the transmutation of them....they are so intertwined that what you say depends on what you are looking at at the time. Then again, that is the way a lot of TCM is....

GLW, I humbly agree.
    I was just quoting the standard old school texts.
    Your point is very accurate. TCM is indeed an intricate web.

*bow*
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Question what is TCM?

same as subject

Is it Tai Chi M(something or other)?

Total Carburettor Maintenance.

It's the only way to keep your car running sweet.

Actually, it's Traditional Chinese Medicine.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

guohuen

Where does chi goes that blood does not?
    Your lineage may vary.

Frank E, if im thirty feet away from you and you attack me, then i use the new form i gleamed from mooneys tapes, my chi mingles thru my blood and shoots to your kidney if you attack me from 80ft away!.

send me a moneyorder for 69.93$ and i'l give you the copy of this highly respectable and real training regime!.
    cheers

Aha, I see. It all becomes clear now.

Speaking of Mooney, James Randi's page has a article on him, with links to the controlled testing that Mooney failed, and a picture of the QiMaster himself.

http://www.randi.org/jr/071902.html

But, seriously, I just wondered abut the chi going where blood does not, because I can think of very few places in the body where a network of fine blood carrying capillaries does not exist. Off the top of my head, the hair, the dead part of nails, and the space inside the gut and lungs.
    Your lineage may vary.

Why would this mean that bioelectrical energy was excluded?

Wouldn't bioelectricity follow paths of neuroconductive chemicals? Then chi would not necessarily have to follow the blood vessels, just neural impulse...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan