Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chi and blood what is the connection?

Guys please bear in mind that 400 years (plus) ago when the chinese where developing the whole theory of chi and internal energy thay were also regularlt taking young boys up the ass as they belived that sex with a woman could rob them of their chi.

Now im not saying that chi is not real, just that you perhapse dont take things at face value so easly and ask some real questions.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Guohen: thanks, interesting. Got any more on those ideas?

Liokault: here's a couple of real questions for you:

Who was taking things at face value?

Which Chinese?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

TCM :

T - Traditional
    C - Chinese
    M - Medicine

guohuen,

Would you say that firstly an individual must accept that chi exists before any of this "blood" follows the chi or "some places chi can go but blood cannot" holds any real value?

I feel that the concept of chi can be useful as long as it is left at that. Concept and theory. Beyond that, people get very caught in the, "I feel chi, this is chi, that is chi, chi does this, chi does not do that."

TCM treats the concept of chi as a tool in promoting health. However, I have seen practitioners take it way beyond that to the point where their entire worldview is based upon viewing everything is a part of this "chi" concept that they have. My comments here on this thread have been merely to bring some awareness to how one treats the concept of chi, and that it should be used as a tool for understanding function and process but not relied upon as a foundation for viewing reality.

Otherwise you end up defining everything in some relationship to this "chi".

Just some thoughts.

Now back to my chi cultivation.

Oh yeah! I command thee chi to rise up, and live out the true meaning of it's creed! I have a dream, that one day my meridians will not be judged by the quality of their chi but by the content of their character... Trailing off with an image of Martin in his mind.

Re: Chi and blood what is the connection?

Originally posted by Fu-Pow
    Same as topic.
    "Blood is the mother chi" I believe is the saying. Pretty basic stuff.

Humanists... puh...
    --
    Mountweazel (n.) the phenomenon of false entries within dictionaries and works of reference. Often used as a safeguard against copyright infringement. The Liar's Dictionary by Eley Williams